LegacyGT.com

Dyno Plot STX71 Chef "O's" 08 PZEV LGT

I hope I did this right...I have been busy relocating to Las Vegas etc etc...

I finally took the time to do a virtual dyno plot to give you all an idea. Let me know if I did it right?

I will be getting a retune on E-85 and 91 crap map

Stage 2 was 252awhp and 346 awtq @19.1 psi 3 years ago

Power Mods are:

Stock Block 90k miles

Steamspeed STX 71

Cobb AP v3 via Sti Mikey Tuned on Shell 93

Perrin ELH (ceramic coated)

Perrin Turbo inlet

Grimmspeed TMIC (thermal coated)

Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS

Invidia catless DP/Q300 exhaust

ID 1000s

DW 65C

I included the stage 2 dyno sheet

Unfortunately the dyno was not working the day of our tune as the shop had relocated and wasnt able to get it up and running. I know there is not alot of data on steamspeed turbos but I am quite impressed with the way it pulls. I will get a built SB eventually and see how the APM tuned blast plates hold up on my 5 speed. I prefer a turbo that will spool a 400-500 rpms earlier and thats why i did start with STX 67 but had fitment issues. Christian @ Steamspeed was kind enough to send me STX 71 while I sent back the 67.

779473229_2008LegacyGTDyno.thumb.jpg.1d965411f83062da63e3e26560b70fb4.jpg

3071legacygtdyno.jpg.7b21e0834ca337b907da4658d5b956ac.jpg

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Are you keeping the 71, or waiting for the 67 to come back? I'm considering the 67+, but I won't be springing for a turbo until around April. Not much info on the 67s like you said, but from what there is, it looks like a really nice balance of top end and quick spool.

The 71 v-dyno plot looks like it needs some tuning? Curious if the lack of a torque bump is a tuner (transmission considerations?) decision or the turbo just does that. And the flat spot from 5500-6000 seems like it could be tuned out, since there's more peak hp above that. Oh, and "Dynojet" vs Mustang numbers... Thanks for sharing, and can't wait to see some dyno tuned numbers.

yea i think that 67(+) would be a sweet spot...i may go front mount after all...especially here in the desert...still some tweaking needed for sure

I know Mikey is a busy man, I sent logs a week ago...hope to get some real plots soon...I may do an E85 tune soon...waiting on my tuner

I emailed Christian as well...hope he gets back to me...Im sure they have been crazy busy.

Im still undecided what route to take...ill enjoy this for now but definitely laggy..stage 2 seemed more fun with the torque curve but im sure the 5 speed loves this for now...keep you posted on whats next

and @chefo.soriano

Defitinely seems slow...3rd gear pull...start at 2800 rpms i believe...ill try and take more logs down the road but need a revision since i moved no 93 here in vegas...most likely will retune and find a dyno...

Sent from outer space

and @chefo.soriano

• 1 year later...
Reopening this thread hoping to get insight on the stx71. How well has it held up? What did the final tune look like? Considering buying it for my 05 lgt which just blew the vf40

I cant believe this september will be 2 years. Still daily driving on the stx71. It did grow on me and I still liking it...not loving it lol. Im sure the 5 speed loves it as it is still holding up just fine. Been a daddy for just over a year now and its great! Still looking to do an e85 map for sure and get more mileage before dropping in a built sb. If I had to do it again Id probably get a vf52 built from reuben at socal porting or jmp with corn juice and call it a day as it would have the ideal spool and powerband to my liking for a daily. I love that my car is a sleeper though and when the ewg screams the american muscle cars are like whaaaaa....that old man color of a subaru growls too bwahahaha. Updated my build thread and once i get retuned on e85 i will post a plot as i will most likely get etuned with my tuner.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

and @chefo.soriano

• 8 months later...

This is just a basemap tune...I feel like she has woken up and had a double shot of espresso.

Datalogged on 2/10/2018

75°

Elevation 2178 feet

E85 with 74% ethanol

STi Mikey tuned via cobb ap3

Steamspeed STX 71 (gtx3071r)

Excited to post this as its a nice update and will post more after my revisions. Its been a long time coming. Wasnt sure if cobb was going to release a cobb ff kit so i pulled the trigger on an etune. Definitely needs to be leaned out up top.

330whp @5100rpms

340 ftlb @4800rpms

My impressions on the steamspeed is that it is laggy but the 5 speed should be happy with this turbo. Maybe i should try out the BCP turbo haha. No knock and she seems to love the corn!

IMG_20180210_215326.thumb.jpg.8672a50d595c74b5fed447a00d58262b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

and @chefo.soriano

Archived