LegacyGT.com

No license plate and reverse light

Hello guys! I just bought my 2005 Legacy GT 5EAT last night and have observed that the license plate and reverse light isn't working. I tried looking up which fuse it is but I didn't find any. Can anyone please point me to the right direction? Thank you in advance!

Follow the wires back from the sockets to a place where they bend, there may be a break in the wire.

Wagons are known for this type issue up by the hinge.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OK, I just inspected my wires and it looks like the wire for the license plate light is separated and it has been repaired in the past. My plan is just to replace the harness coz according to this thread (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/walkthrough-replace-wagon-wire-harness-238160.html?) it is pretty easy to do and the OP said it is pretty cheap to replace ($60). However, when I went to the dealership they said the 81812AG03B ($60) part number is for the sedan, not for the wagon. They said the correct part number for the wagon is 81812AG03A ($190) which is way more expensive than the sedan's part numbe. Do you know if I can use the sedan's part number for my wagon?

Archived