LegacyGT.com

2.5RS mid/resonator pipe on '05 2.5i (non-pzev)

Hey all. As the title states I am curious about this. I am finding myself getting ready to make the jump on my exhaust set up here shortly. I planned to get the Tsudo UEL headers and cat pipe with hi-flow cat but am struggling to find a replacement mid pipe that either has a resonator or one that I can add a resonator to. Anyone know of any options out there? Or does anyone know if the 2005 2.5RS mid pipe will fit on a 05 Legacy 2.5i non-pzev like the UEL headers and cat pipe do?

For your car the mid-pipe and the cat-pipe are the same piece.

Headers>Cat/Mid Pipe>Y-pipe>Muffler (that is your exhaust header muffler)

I would leave the stock cat in place and merely swap the header and get two high quality mufflers.

OR

Replace the aging cat-pipe with an OEM grade piece + nice mufflers and header.

I guess I meant y-pipe replacement The aging cat pipe is what I need to get replaced the most. But I figured depending on cost I can do the bulk of the system.

What I will likely do is get the Tsudo headers, an OEM grade cat pipe or the Tsudo cat pipe, maybe an OEM grade replacement y-pipe and I was thinking a Nameless axle back exhaust.

Let me know what you decide on, I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust soon as well.

I have decided to hold off for now. I am throwing a P0420 code and am going to try replacing the downstream O2 sensor first before purchasing new headers and cat pipe. My wife was also in a pretty nasty car accident from some dipshit running a red light this past Friday so I am avoiding spending excess money at the moment. But once I do make the jump, I will be sure to update you.

I have decided to hold off for now. I am throwing a P0420 code and am going to try replacing the downstream O2 sensor first before purchasing new headers and cat pipe. My wife was also in a pretty nasty car accident from some dipshit running a red light this past Friday so I am avoiding spending excess money at the moment. But once I do make the jump, I will be sure to update you.

Will do. Hope your wife is doing alright.

Archived