LegacyGT.com

Cobb OTS Question

Shogun506

I've got a downpipe, uppipe, grimmspeed heatshield and K&N typhoon I'm putting on this weekend. I'm on OTS stage 1 right now and I'm wondering whether I can go to stage 2 here or not due to lack of catback. On the Cobb website it says that OTS stage 1 is stock intake/filter etc with OEM or upgraded catback. Stage 2 is stock intake with upgraded TURBOBACK. Now turboback to me means downpipe and catback. Am I going to see any problems running this with upgraded downpipe and stock catback?

Second question - Cobb's tone is very strict on having only the stock intake and filter. I know the K&N short ram will be a big FU to this warning but is it going to cause any dangerous problems (considering it's meant to be used on a stock car without tuning) and if so how can I determine this? I'm planning to install the other parts first and then apply the typhoon later to feel any differences. I've been running a K&N panel filter on there since day 1 with no problems.

I'm not in a position to get a tune at the moment so I'm just looking to run whatever is safest with these mods until I'm in a position to do so. If it's not safe to go stage 2 without the catback I'll just stick to stage 1 for now.

Upgraded cat-back isn't needed, stock one flows just fine. Any intake "should" get tuned, but the K&N one uses smaller than stock pipe diameter to be able to work with a stock tune.

My vote is to just get it to stage 2 and don't worry about the intake, you'll hear more whoosy noises with the UP and DP installed, and since stage 2 ups the boost more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived