LegacyGT.com

no boost

So the past 4 days have been hell. First, on my way home from work Wednesday, my car gets louder than normal. So i took it to my grandparents to check it out. i found the up-pipe had cracked at the flange, so i order a new one. it got here friday night and i was able install it that night. got everything done and started my vehicle. still had an exhaust leak. it sounded like it was coming from the aftermarket header but couldn't tell. so i removed the header on saturday morning and sure enough it was cracked where all 4 pipes collect. luckily i don't throw anything away, i still had my stock manifold. so i put my stock manifold back. no exhaust leak but now my car isn't making any boost. at full throttle, it says its only making -0.5psi of boost. i don't here the turbo spool, the BOV when i let off the throttle and no abnormal noises, like a boost leak. i did accidently bent the nipple on the wastegate actuator when i was replacing the up-pipe but i bent it back. other than not making any boost, my car runs good. anybody have any ideas or where i should start looking? Another thing, can i drive my car like this or will i harm my car?

+1

Something changed since you did the repairs. Go over everything you did. Look for mechanical things you changed and any wiring that may have gotten caught in the crossfire.

Check your turbo inlet as well. The pre-turbo cat has a tendency to disintegrate and send shards into the turbo, sending it to its demise.

Or it's just a coincidence.

It didn't look like anything was missing from the header or uppipe. They just cracked. When i first bought my car, I changed the uppipe because i read that the stock uppipe with the cat converter and the EGT sensor like to come apart and go into the turbo, so i replaced it with an Invidia uppipe, whiched cracked this past week, so I had to replace that.

You may have had a chunk of the OE catalytic converter in the up pipe break off and fall down inside of the header when you removed the OE up pipe. Once you had the open up pipe on it, the exhaust may have blown that chunk right up into your turbine and locked it up. That's why it idles and seems to run fine. The exhaust is getting past but not turning anything.

Good luck.

I removed the turbo inlet and found the turbo to be siezed. I didn't have the stock uppipe on my car. I replaced not that long after i purchased my car, for the exact fact of it might come apart and go into the turbo. i installed an Invidia catless uppipe and that cracked, so i had to replace that. i replaced the uppipe and i still had an exhaust leak. i tracked that down to the aftermarket header being cracked, so thats why i reinstalled my stock exhaust manifolds.

Archived