LegacyGT.com

Head Gasket Problem 2008 legacy

Yes I have a head gasket problem at 85,000 miles as per dealership, quite expensive and frustrating. May need to mill head. car should be ready in 3 days.

Leasing may very well be in my future. Thought Subaru's were superior to other car manufacuturer's. (sp). We even had to replace the radiator (no cost to us) when the car was 2 months old.

It ain't rare, we have two 2007 Subarus with the 2.5 and both have had their head gaskets replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry to hear that, wonder what percentage of say 07's and 08's have had this problem? What was your milage? Let me guess it was more than 85,000?:mad:

Yes I have a head gasket problem at 85,000 miles as per dealership, quite expensive and frustrating. May need to mill head. car should be ready in 3 days.

Leasing may very well be in my future. Thought Subaru's were superior to other car manufacuturer's. (sp). We even had to replace the radiator (no cost to us) when the car was 2 months old.

My Subaru dealership does not replace the water pump when doing the timing belt. I am told water pumps should last "the life of the car". How does the lay person know?

Waiting to hear from Subaru corp. headquarters as to any compensation for head gasket repair costs.

My 2008 legacy has a head gasket leak at 85,000 miles. How common is this? What will repairs cost? Does this say anything about Subaru quality?

I never had this problem before on any other cars previously owned.:mad:

I just spoke to corporate and they will pay headgasket repair bill. 1800 7822783:). Because of low milage, good maint record and repeat buyer.:) It pays to complain.

sorry to hear that, wonder what percentage of say 07's and 08's have had this problem? What was your milage? Let me guess it was more than 85,000?:mad:

I first noticed mine weeping last year at 53k, my mother has a Forester and hers were just done prior to purchase at 118k

I dunno. So far, with one post and very little information, this is closer to a rumor than anything else. And maybe it's a troll, trying to cast Subaru in a negative light?

...queue the ominous music.

After calling Subaru Corp. they will pay full cost (over $2,000) of head gasket and timing belt repairs/replacement of my 2008 Legacy with 85,000 miles. It pays to complain to Corporate! Urr you think maybe I'm not trying to paint Subaru in a negative light now?:lol:

Archived