LegacyGT.com

05 OBXT finally built and tuned

It took a while but the 05 OBXT I got over a year ago is finally driveable.

Piston 4 was fukd, ring land was gone. I decided to have a shop do everything since I don't have much time or tools at my disposal. It now has CP pistons and mahle rods along with a bunch of other supporting things. Lots of $ that's all I'll say for now. It has a vf52 for now due to budget reasons but that will change entually.

In any case, I got a great dyno tune today by Matt Miner.

Car made 288whp/310tq on a Mustang dyno, the turbo being the restriction.

I'm happy I can actually drive this thing after over a year of ownership, now I get to focus on all of the other problem areas, mainly suspension.

If anyone sees a white and loud outback wagon rolling around central mass give me a wave!

What exhaust mods did you do?

Stock headers, catless uppipe, catless turboback. I can't tell you what kind of exhaust it is since it was on the car when I got it when it was all shitty. It's a dual exhaust, with a resonator, mufflers on each tailpipe behind the rear bumper with turned down tips. It's very stealth looking.

I was told that it's on the cheap side hence it's loudness. It's also missing some hanger points and will eventually rattle apart.

After I get the suspension in good shape I'll figure out what's next for the exhaust setup.

I see. Did you take a look at the downpipe?

Also, now that you have the car rebuilt, you should carefully monitor its parameters and stuff as you drive the car. I am using this btssm app designed by a fellow forum member. You will NOT regret this tool. It can save you an engine in the long run.

--->http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/btssm-bluetooth-adapter-app-229709.html

Archived