LegacyGT.com

A little Chevy Story....

2010 Equinox had 101,xxx miles on it ,and out of factory warranty. Bought it July 09, Back in December of 2013 we had the Oil consumption issue fixed, New pistons, seals and bearings. All is well until 2 weeks ago, wife sitting in traffic she looks down and watched the temp gauge spike to H. She quickly pulls into gas station and waits for me, had it towed to dealer and they called a few hours later to tell me that the Block is cracked and wants $7500 for a new GM engine and if we didn't want that they offered us $300 on a trade. yes $300 dollars....so now we are without our equinox, Drove a trax and cruze and really didn't like them. Anyway luckly we just bought a 2015 Subaru legacy and have my 2000 Camaro ss, We wanted a new Impreza but they didn't have what we wanted.So we bought a brand new left over 2014 Nissan Sentra SR with 32 miles on it.... Just don't know what went wrong. Probably never buy a GM again.....

How about another source for the motor. The dealer will not be the cheapest. There has to be a shitload of those things laying around. Drop a used motor in and sell it.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I get that 300 dollars is a lowball crap offer from GM but the rest of your story is almost irrelevant. A vehicle out of warranty is a vehicle out of warranty. Unless your complaining that GM used a shitty engine that cracked after 101k. Which is a valid complaint but everyone's experience is different.

I get that 300 dollars is a lowball crap offer from GM but the rest of your story is almost irrelevant. A vehicle out of warranty is a vehicle out of warranty.

I agree....We just thought that spending $7500 for a new engine on a 100,000 mile 6 year old SUV was not smart. We were not complaining that it was out of warranty, just sucks that we wished it happened before the warranty ran out. yea the $300 was a joke, "Cause that about how much its worth" says the salesman. The tires were 2 years old and had a lot of life on them, those are worth more than $300.

Yep, good ole stealerships. When we bought our trailblazer one dealer offered us 700 dollars for my wife's monte carlo. A 2004 monte carlo ss (non-supercharged) but it was loaded. All options, 135k miles. Ran great, averaged 28mpg(mostly freeway, we drive my truck around town most of the time). Sales man kept saying it's not worth anything.

Did you try calling GM for goodwill assistance?

My wife's 2007 SUV (not GM) with 94k miles sprung a transfer case leak 2 weeks ago. Took it to dealer, diagnosis: needs new transfer case because metal shavings on drain plug magnet meaning was driven with fluid too low. Estimate: $5800. Called manufacturer for goodwill assistance, and they offered to cover parts cost. So my out of pocket was ~$1950 (book labor was over 10 hours).

Archived