LegacyGT.com

Binding at low speed turns 06 LGT 5spd

i just bought this 06 Legacy GT Limited a couple of months ago with 130k and i noticed that it binds at low speeds(it only binds after you drive the car after a while) I took it to a couple of shops and one guy told me the problem was in the transfer case, another shop told me that manual transmissions doesn't have a transfer case and the problem is coming from a clutch solenoid in the transmission... i have no clue whats going on all i know is my warranty is up soon and i need to figure out what is causing this binding since i can't really find anyone else online with the same problem.. at least for my generation LGT

Have the second guy fix your problem.

Where do you live ? may be we can tell you where to take it.

I gather the car is a 5eat tranny ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Its a 5spd manual ... I would have the second guy do it but he requires a $1500 deposit incase the warranty doesnt pay for it he did also recommend a tranny fluid change though it just weirds me out how uncommon this is for 4th gen lgt

Before you go too far I'd be curious to know what the tread depth for all four tires is. It is possible there is a problem with your transmission, but I would rule out the tires first.

*Just to elaborate on what I'm getting at, the link below has more information.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/66-problems-maintenance/30110-tire-circumference-spec-confirmed-subaru-techtips.html

Archived