LegacyGT.com

So I got to play with Subaru Select Monitor today

I bought the Security System Shock Sensor, and installed it a few weeks ago. I'm on pretty good terms with one of the principals at a local dealer, and I told him I wanted to turn the sensor "on" without having to pay the service department to do it.

He invited me to come by on a Saturday when the shop is empty, and I went over today.

So the menu's are kind of hard to navigate, and the menu choices and prompts are Japanese => English at its worst. For example, to set the sensitivity of the sensor, the menu lets you change from 0 (Sensitive) to 10 (Insensible :lol: ) I tried like crazy to find the place to where I can permanently disable the seatbelt chime, but never did find it.

Finally, I gave up and applied the latest ECU flash for the throttle stutter. It took a good half hour to complete the flash. I've got a AP on order (I think) and debated whether or not to bother with the flash, but in the end, why not?

Just thought some might be interested ...

out of curiosity, what's the shock sensor cost? do you like how it performs? what setting did you end up setting it on? and describe the sensitivity of your setting if you can.....thinkin of buying the sensor myself.....thanks in advance...

If you can read this, you're following too close.

Click Me

out of curiosity, what's the shock sensor cost? do you like how it performs? what setting did you end up setting it on? and describe the sensitivity of your setting if you can.....thinkin of buying the sensor myself.....thanks in advance...

Sorry, I can't remember the exact amount, but memory says it was about CDN $100 at jobber rates.

I'm pretty disappointed with the results. Even at the most sensitive, I had to kick the tire pretty hard to get it to trigger. And I never did get a "warning" level event. At its most "insensible" setting, I couldn't even trigger it at all. So I set it back to "5" and I'm going to adjust the screw inside the shock sensor. Then I'll go back to use the Select Monitor to fine tune the sensitivity.

what kind of software was it running and which unit was it. been looking to buy one for the lgt but havent found them.

I'm not really sure what you mean. The Subaru Select Monitor is a proprietry Subaru device that gets its program from a combination of firmware and ROM cartridges. The one I used had a red cover if that helps :lol:

• 2 years later...
I bought the Security System Shock Sensor, and installed it a few weeks ago.

I bought a security system shock sensor from an online vendor for my wife's 2007MY Legacy SE. I can't find the connector underneath the passenger seat to hook up the security system shock sensor :spin: . There are yellow and black wire casings that I can see. Is the connector on the yellow or the black one? I was able to get at this big yellow connector but I am assuming this is not the one since it is already connected at both the ends :confused:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dc02b3127cceb53c557eac3b00000096132IYtmrFy2ZA

Sorry about the terrible camera phone picture.

Is there an easy way to get at the security shock sensor connector?

Thanks!

Holy old thread!

Its definitely not the yellow one. Yellow connectors are for airbags/ABS stuff.

As for an easy way... Yeah, remove the seat bolts and tip up the seat. I recommend disconnecting the battery first; It would suck to have the side airbag go off unintentionally.

Archived