LegacyGT.com

Gifting the Legacy

College Daughter transitioned from dorm to apartment this week. She needed a car. Gave her the Legacy. Had Paul at FW Motorsports put on a new OEM turbo, brake rotors, pads and fluid. Oil and ATF flush. New tires.

Drove it from Sacramento to Denton Texas. It was 109F when we left. With the AC blasting and 1000 lbs of people and luggage, the engine temp creeped a bit, but NBD. When the sun went down it rocked 80 mph with aplomb. At 142,000 miles it still snaps to attention at speed when needed. Stage 1 OTS Cobb tune.

I ran my Daughter over to AWD Tuning in Flower Mound to introduce and get another oil change and tire rotate. They are an impressive bunch and I feel good about them.

It occurred to me as I drove out that everything still works on this car. It's never thrown a CEL. And I've never even had to replace a light bulb. And it's dead silent. No squeaks or rattles. Probably the best car I've ever owned.

Now that I've said that it's likely to blow up.

You'll want to make sure she keeps up with the oil and fluid changes. Dose she know how important they are in these cars.

I would put her on a 3000 OCI and have AWD do the oil changes. ask them to check the oil level before they drain it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You'll want to make sure she keeps up with the oil and fluid changes. Dose she know how important they are in these cars.

No.

I would put her on a 3000 OCI and have AWD do the oil changes. ask them to check the oil level before they drain it.

Yeah, that's why I ran her over there. They put one of those mileage sticker reminders on the windshield.

Archived