LegacyGT.com

LC-2 problem

Markbo

My LC-1 went tits up a while back. I decided to stick with the same type of tuning so I got my LC-2 and what a surprise... the connector to the O2 sensor was different that the LC-1. Never saw that on Innovative's website. Very inconvenient. I finally got a good part number here and ordered one from Amazon. Nobody locally had the 'better' one Innovative recommended nor could they cross reference Innovatives numbers.

Anyway I got it all put together, wired up, calibrated and ready to go. Fired up Romraider and..... nothing. Green light on solid just like it's supposed to no reading. Opened up Logworks, where it was reading but the gauge was all over the place jumping from zero to over 20 in a very radical manner. All this while idling in park.

AND I suddenly got a check engine light. Cooler fan low voltage. What the heck??? Nothing is even near the fans. Anyone have any idea whats going on with this thing?

Did the values in Logworks look correct? Are you holding around 14.4 to 14.7 under idle in Logworks?

How are you wired to have it picked up by Romraider? Do you have the serial 4-pin out connection of the LC-2 going into a serial port of your laptop?

Maybe a couple things to check:

1) I read somewhere that you have to somehow set up the LC-2 to use the LSU-4.9 because it comes standard with the LSU-4.2. Not sure how to do that. It may be a good question to ask Innovate themselves. Is it in the IMprogrammer software maybe? I don't remember seeing it in there.

2) Sometimes Romraider does not want to log my LC-2. I start Romraider first, and then sometimes have to uncheck the "Innovate AFR" (under external sensor), and then check it again and also check that the Innovate plug-in to ensure that I'm set up to look at it on the correct COMM port of my laptop. It seems like a finicky program at times.

It does make sense that the LC-2 would somehow need to be told that it is using the LSU-4.9 since it senses AFR in somewhat different way than the LSU-4.2. The pin-outs signals are very similar but I think there may have been a difference in the numbering order or something like that? I think I would start off by asking Innovate if/how it needs to be set up to read the new sensor. Hopefully someone else can pipe in who may have done this before.

Thanks Salty. Actually in Logworks the gauge was jumping wildly. Just all over the place. The stock unit was reading fine in both. I do have the serial 4 pin 'out' going into the serial port of my laptop. I may (may) order a USB connector from IMS and use my GFs laptop. God please dont let me get caught! :D

And I am using the LSU-4.9 as IMS recommended. But like their site doesnt mention it being a completely different connection from the ones used on the LC-1, there was nothing in the manual about doing anything differently for the 4.9. And yes I definitely calibrated it correctly. All the lighs blinked correctly and in fact while trying to log it is steady green, like its supposed to be.

So I just dont know

Archived