LegacyGT.com

Ride and Drive event - Dallas

I have to say this... The outback sedan is one of the FUGLIEST things that I have seen in a while. I can't believe that they are even bothering with it. I can't beleive that they will sell any of those. Nice pics though! Sounds like a fun event!

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I have to say this... The outback sedan is one of the FUGLIEST things that I have seen in a while. I can't believe that they are even bothering with it. I can't beleive that they will sell any of those. Nice pics though! Sounds like a fun event![/quote] That's funny. Just lowering it by about 4 inches, it would look like a different car. A nice Legacy 3.0R! :) I like the fender flares. I could do without the side molding, but painted body color, they kinda disappear. I'd cut the center part out of the bottom of the rear bumper, and graft in some mesh or something, though, something less outback, more "S4."

I'm with Zevil. I don't feel the need for an Outback Sedan, it's an oxymoron, utility and sedan. :lol: 3.0R Sedan would probably be fun... with a 6MT (leave a 5MT in the turbo model. ;) Then again, we've gone over that. ;) ) Preston, I really feel bad for the people in the back! :lol: I should bring my own air tank. Waiting for your run you're putting air in, they're asking what you're doing. I'm just making RE92's halfways adequate. :lol: Can't I just use mine with the Toyo's then? :mrgreen: Okay, enough thinking out loud. :P I'll be doing it in about 4 weeks.

That's a car I could love for $23,000. Any dealers on this board? :D [quote name='Dr. Zevil']I have to say this... The outback sedan is one of the FUGLIEST things that I have seen in a while. I can't believe that they are even bothering with it. I can't beleive that they will sell any of those. Nice pics though! Sounds like a fun event![/quote]

I seen one at one of the two Suby dealerships I went today. When I saw it, I was like man that looks like it'd be a ball to go offroading in. Then I saw the sides and it looks like the owner had the same idea already. Looks like they recently had a blast with it offroad, there was mud all over it shot up from all 4 tires. The height of it amazes me - it's like you can have a sedan and the ability to drive it like an SUV by going though some deep snow and also do some offroading with it. I would've considered it if it came with the 2.5 Turbo and with the black leather interior, but it doesn't come with either and it's off my list. - Mike

[quote name='SUBE555']Well Mike, what is an SUV, but a big Wagon. ;)[/quote] I see the 3.0R as the you can have your cake and eat it too. I'd love to have the abilities of a truck, but I hate driving anything other than a small car. The 3.0R is your getting the smallish easy to manuver car, but your also getting the off road capibilies of an SUV by having a car that has a significant amount of ground clearence. To me, the 3.0R seems to sit even higher than the Outback wagons. I'd say the 3.0R would be more fun to have offroad than the wagon, being that it's a smaller car to control. JMO. - Mike

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']I have to say this... The outback sedan is one of the FUGLIEST things that I have seen in a while. I can't believe that they are even bothering with it. I can't beleive that they will sell any of those. Nice pics though! Sounds like a fun event![/quote] That's funny. Just lowering it by about 4 inches, it would look like a different car. A nice Legacy 3.0R! :) I like the fender flares. I could do without the side molding, but painted body color, they kinda disappear. I'd cut the center part out of the bottom of the rear bumper, and graft in some mesh or something, though, something less outback, more "S4."[/quote] Lowered 4 inches and different bumpers, and it would look like the B4 Asterope. I sure would like to see the aftermarket create bumpers that could be used with Outback flares. That's something that never happened for the Impreza wagon- flares, that is.

Archived