LegacyGT.com

Southbend Flywheel.

I'm considering purchasing a Southbend flywheel from a member here. I can't find any real reviews for this thing. Even the website just list the price and fitment, it cost more new (considerably more) than the OEM wheel or ACTs' lightened wheel with no explanation as too why. I would be paring it with an ACT street disc (sprung hub), does anyone have experience with this brand of flywheel?

From what I've experienced with them, Southbend has very nice customer service; so try giving them a shout directly. IIRC isn't the Southbend flywheel based off of a DMFW setup? I could be wrong....

There isn't much information on Southbend clutches here, though I know they're a key player in the Cummins and Powerjoke community, so it's not like they're 'no name'. Any reviews I've seen of Southbend disks in the Subaru community have been positive.

And just so you know, because it's worth mentioning, don't pair a LWFW with a Lightweight Crank Pulley on the car; there's been reports of false misfire codes being thrown. (I can't confirm or deny anything first hand, this is just what I've read)

Archived