LegacyGT.com

AVO BOV & K&N Intake Combo ???'s

o- c-uTe

I have a K&N intake typhoon and a AVO BOV.

Am I running to rich or lean? All the shops and people that make and sell these products say it has no harmful effect to the car.

My car runs great and now has lots of sound mods.

I have also notice I can hear the studdering noise a lot more. Is that normal. I am going to take in my car to the dealer, so they can send away my ecu so the studdering can go away, i hope.

What do you guys think of the AVO bov and K&N intake combo.

I am going to get AP and a catback exhaust soon too.

I know and please don't get all over me for not getting the ap first. I really wanted the sound mods first :D

I'm getting a custom tune but have driven for at least 2 months with intake at stage one and a month stage 2 and havent had any problems yet. If I was running lean I would think my mpg would got down considerably but it actually went up after stage 2.

Running lean - mileage goes up, run rich, mileage goes down. ;)

Of course, it depends on other factors as well. But the fact we can run closer to the edge here in Japan with the gas quality we have also means I'm able to get about 32-34mpg on the expressway even with a 280whp tune and sticky RE-01 tyres.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com | http://www.sevenphotos.com | http://www.scoobymag.com

I have a K&N intake typhoon and a AVO BOV.

Am I running to rich or lean? All the shops and people that make and sell these products say it has no harmful effect to the car.

What do you guys think of the AVO bov and K&N intake combo.

I am going to get AP and a catback exhaust soon too.

The consensus is that with an aftermarket intake, you're getting the car a bit leaner than from factory.

Any harm? Probably not - as late-model turbocharged Scoobys from the factory are what many would consider to be "pig rich."

However, to the best of my knowledge, no-one has datalogged AFRs, simply with aftermarket intakes only, on our LGTs.

This, combined with the fact that Cobb emphatically warns against pairing *_any_* aftermarket intake with their AccessPort (either Stage I or Stage II maps), when using "off-the-shelf" maps, would certainly give me pause before running this pairing of intake+AccessPort.

As with others, I, too, would recommend that you go for a custom tune with this combo. Either that, or simply wait for Cobb's LGT intake ("AP off-the-shelf maps compatible"), which is reportedly due this December.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived