LegacyGT.com

Odd sound from the car, but it does not sound like it's coming from the engine bay

I can't really hear well (combo of crappy mic and crappy speakers on my laptop...), but I would first check your accessory belt drives, namely your A/C clutch and idler pulley. If it sounds like its coming from elsewhere go listen by your downpipe. When the wastegate flapper on my old VF40 went bad the only place I heard it was in the middle of the car, coming from the downpipe. If not that check the other obvious things like heatshields etc... Also, I have no experience with 5MT's, but maybe its a clutch/TOB related noise? My last farfetched idea would be an exhaust leak of some sort.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

I'll continue to check, but this morning once I got to the office, it seems to have gone away. I was low on ATF (it sat and drained for about 6 hours with no record of how much drained) and I only put 5 qts back in at first, so It was likely low, and possible the cause of the sound from the lack of ATF.

Im still planning to check any heat shields I have left on the car, and recheck the dp once I have ramps.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Archived