LegacyGT.com

Clutch might be going?

A few months ago my shiftier got really loose. But I have had no problems driving. So I have ignored the issue. Last night, the car is having trouble getting into 1st and 2nd. I have to tap the gas to get the shiftier into great. Also have to use quite a bit of force. If I just rev up 1st I can skip to 3rd and have no problems.

Anyone know what might be causing this? I do have about 130k miles. Thinking about taking it to the dealer, before I cant drive to work.

Do not go to the dealer, it will cost you to much.

You need to tighten the bolt and nut that holds the shifter to the tranny. You need two 12mm wrenches. Any local repair shop can do that for you.

The clutch test is to go to full throttle in 5th grear, see if the engine rev's more then the car accelerates. if it does, that's the clutch slipping.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Do not go to the dealer, it will cost you to much.

You need to tighten the bolt and nut that holds the shifter to the tranny. You need two 12mm wrenches. Any local repair shop can do that for you.

The clutch test is to go to full throttle in 5th grear, see if the engine rev's more then the car accelerates. if it does, that's the clutch slipping.

Max!

Thank you so much!! I was looking at my book yesterday trying to think about what it could be. Now that I know what I am looking for. I will find and fix it now. Thank you again, I cant thank you enough. I have never had this type of issue. I tested the 5th gear test today. No issues. I will have time to work on my car tomorrow. I will keep you updated.

I also hate the dealer, they always tell me stuff is broken and when its not. They once told me my cooling fans were not spinning. But once I Drove it home and looked they were both spinning. But when I get stuck, I go to deal to diagnose and then run and fix it myself. The only work the deal has done on my car, was the timing belt. I just did not want to get into that, and did not feel safe having local guys work on it.

Your welcome, that's why we are here.

You'll need to look towards the back of the tranny where the drive shaft comes out, above that on the drivers side you'll see the spot where the shifter bolts onto the rod. You see a bolt going horizontal, tighten it up.

I think there's another bolt also but i can't really recall, I should have looked today when I was under my car. It's been a while since I played in that area.

bolt 9

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_25/manipulation/manual_gear_shift_system/

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived