LegacyGT.com

Has your glovebox ever opened on it's own?

sunnynw

• 5 weeks later...
Yeah that works I guess...but doesnt that defeat the purpose of a glove box?

Yeah, yeah what I'm trying to imply is maybe it's too stuffed.

Try with just the user manual package, the registration/insurance papers(like that's gonna make a diffyance) and without the gun/bazooka/weapon-of-choice/WMD.

I keed I keeed

How do we start a recall going? I mean its a small thing and I'll rather spend my time trying to get them to recall something important, but DAMN its annoying! :) I am goin to take a closer look at the whole setup this weekend and see if I can figure a diy fix.

• 3 months later...

mine doesn't close when the weather is COLD. It happened few times. Temp was around 32 F degree when I open the glovebox to get the map, then I couldn't close it, no matter how hard I slam it. I gave up so I just drove to work, and before I exit the car I gave it one last try and it closed?!?!

Then few days later, a friend of my open the glovebox right before I said "NO!!!" it was too late, we couldn't close it, so I told him, give it about 10~15min when the car is warm up.. so about 15min later, he was able to close it.

How am I going to tell the dealer the problem??? I dont' want them to replace something that will make thing worst (ie. glovebox open when going over a bump?)

Archived