LegacyGT.com

Power steering pump + rack leaks

Hello All:

My dealer is telling me I have a leak in my power steering pump with a $600 price tag. He also says I have fluid leaking from the rack into the boots for another $1000.

For now, I'd prefer to just add fluid now and again. What would you guys recommend long term? Are the prices way out of line?

Thanks,

Jim

I replaced both for about $750 and some elbow grease. Rick (underdog) hooked me up with a new 2015 STi rack that just needed slight modification for a quicker ratio. Here's the link for Rick's catalog and here's the link for my install.

The pump came from rock auto. Both running great! Just throwing an option out to you to think about. Neither replacements are especially difficult.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Or do the $10.00 PS pump O-ring fix. Then find a repair shop that has been around for a long time and have them replace the rack for a few hundred dollars plus labor.

I looked but could not find the o-ring fix thread, its here some where.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=power+steering+o-ring+fix%2C+subaru+legacy+gt

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived