LegacyGT.com

Seaform or Lucas anyone?

I use a can of Berryman B12 every 10-15 fill-ups. Started about 30k miles ago and have had 0 issues. Car idles and runs smoothly. Seems like a painless and fairly inexpensive way to keep the internal system tidy.

Can't hurt.

But if you use good gas, you shouldn't need to.

I used to use Gunk Motor flush from time to time.

If you don't drive the car for long distances, at highway speeds, it might be a good idea.

My wagon has the stock injectors, 211,000 miles on them and I have never had a misfire CEL.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Can't hurt.

But if you use good gas, you shouldn't need to.

I used to use Gunk Motor flush from time to time.

If you don't drive the car for long distances, at highway speeds, it might be a good idea.

My wagon has the stock injectors, 211,000 miles on them and I have never had a misfire CEL.

That stuff said not for turbocharged engines so I skipped it for the leggy but other cars I did use it.

Chevron with Tech and Amsoil Pi is what I use. Top tier gas is all I fill.

Thinking about adding Seafoam or Lucas fuel treatment in the tank, and Seafoam in the oil crank. Any thoughts?

NEVER put anything but oil directly in the crankcase.

If you must: 1/3 can of Seafoam into the top of the engine via vacuum line, let stall and soak for 30 minutes. Then smoke show under load until cleared out. Repeat. Change oil/filter. Pour last 1/3 can Seafoam into gas tank. Repeat every other O/F change.

Otherwise, don't.

NEVER put anything but oil directly in the crankcase.

I agree. What is the OP trying to accomplish by adding Seafoam to the oil? If the oil has been changed frequently enough the engine will be clean inside. If it hasn't been changed enough it won't be, and Seafoam probably won't help. I'd also be concerned with where any junk would end up if the Seafoam did dislodge something.

I haven't looked at the MSDS for Seafoam lately, but I believe it is just a solvent (more or less). It is likely light enough that if you left it in the crankcase too long it would just boil off anyway.

I like the smoke show better. I did forget that when I re gapped plugs(they lose gap every 6k miles) in my DD and used the aerosol version to lightly coat the pistons, the car would smoke the underground garage out. FUN TIMES!

So, no smoke show. I was hoping for a smoke show like the monster from LOST, but to no available. I used the vacuum line from the bov, and used 1/3 seafoam. Let it sit for 15 mins, started it up, only had like 2 mins of light smoke. Then mash on the pedal and nothing, guess my system was clean. BP 93

I use a can of Berryman B12 every 10-15 fill-ups. Started about 30k miles ago and have had 0 issues. Car idles and runs smoothly. Seems like a painless and fairly inexpensive way to keep the internal system tidy.

I do this. Add a can every oil change. Probably not totally necessary, but easy/cheap.

Regular oil changes shouldn't really need crankcase additives to clean things out, but I've used Seafoam before with good result on my Jeep.

Archived