LegacyGT.com

Best way to replace Spec B door handle?

So the rear-driver side outer door handle broke on my 06 Spec B.

It's somewhat difficult to find the door handle, already painted Titanium Silver Metallic, ready to be sold, so I'm curious what the best/easiest way to replace this is.

Looks like it broken on the inside of the door, where the handle connects to the latch rod.

From what I've read, Subaru only selling a black, primered handle, but it is a rough texture. I've also been able to find some chrome plastic handles.

Someone mentioned that with the new black plastic OEM handles, you would have to use filler to smooth out the texture before painting. Sounds like a lot of hassle, where this door handle could end up costing hundreds of dollars.

Would it be easier/cheaper to get any color handle from a junkyard, and have it sanded and repainted TSM? Or should I get the new OEM black plastic handle and have that prepped and painted?

Any other thoughts or suggestions? I don't think there's any way to "fix" or rig this up so it's not broken...

be13612b-2794-4eea-8848-728ec1e528d8.thumb.jpg.c4242851d6ecc9174f38542498a46fde.jpg

My buddies body shop charged me $120 to paint and install a handle years ago.

Let the body shop do what they do.

I junk yard may have one, but what shape is it in, how long before it breaks...

Call around and find what body shops will charge.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived