LegacyGT.com

UEL Header 2.5i

Hello legacy owners,

Just curious what headers you guys are rocking for the 2.5i. I have a 09 legacy and can't really find any good ones.... I read something about speedyracer headers but not too sure. Thanks :)

Why hello there! Just so happens there is 1 bolt on option that is backordered for the better part of a year.

Then there are a few of us that have custom LGT stock manifolds.

I'll be doing 1 last push for a small batch of 2.5i specific UELs in the near future, will have a race shop here in NoVA build them shooting for 10-15 owners.

Also read this:

06-2010 UEL Header Information Guide

Example videos:

RalliSport UEL 2.5i Headers

Stock LGT manifold modded to fit 2.5i (stock 2.5i exhaust):

Stock LGT manifold modded to fit 2.5i (LGT Bosal Exhaust):

Search for Rallisport UEL Headers on Youtube there are many videos.

Welcome to the forums!

Hey there I was in the same boat as you as my stock header and cat had pretty bad leaks. Fortunately I found the borla uel header (17183) attached to the block without scraping any of the chassis. That's probably the cheapest way to get uels IF you can weld or have someone do it for you. You would need an aftermarket cat or test pipe, to weld into your mid pipe or catback. Then extend your rear 02 sensor.

This way is the most work but I love messing with my car so it was worth it, but it is disappointing that there is no real bolt on option. Borlas are 300 new and hi flow cat was 250. The headers are sold locally alot so look around and you might find them for ~150.

I would never recommend rallysport headers, at this point he is so back logged making orders placed from 2014 you will probably never see yours if you order at this point.

Good luck!

It's a shame because it looks like a good product!

I didn't notice the rumble much untill I put on the magnaflow cat back, definitely opened it up a lot. The stainless steel is thinner than stock so it gives of a whooshing/thin sound I noticed is that "sowing machine effect"?

It's a shame because it looks like a good product!

I didn't notice the rumble much untill I put on the magnaflow cat back, definitely opened it up a lot. The stainless steel is thinner than stock so it gives of a whooshing/thin sound I noticed is that "sowing machine effect"?

Yeah thats it, I tried to wrap mine that didnt help that is when I went LGT.

Whats the sewing machine effect lol sorry new to this. Its my wifes car so now that I'm reading all the modifications not sure if its worth it. Since I'm looking just for sound lol how will it sound with stock exhaust set up?

^^ What he said. GEE-OTTO you beet me to it. That Tsudo header will be the route I go for now. Then I am going to add a Nameless axleback exhaust:

http://shop.namelessperformance.com/2005-2009-legacy-gt-axleback-exhaust/

Eventually might get a new mid pipe with cat to finish off the system but I'm going to start with the header and axleback first.

Archived