LegacyGT.com

Fitting a child convertible car seat

Hey guys

Don't know if it's the right place to post, however, it's the time for me to purchase a baby car seat.

I was caught on the Graco Size4me/my size 65 seat.

http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/size4me-65-convertible-car-seat-harris.aspx

Does anyone has experience with the fitting of this seat in the back seat rear facing ? is there enough room ?

Thanks

I have this one here http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/urbanlite-click-connect-travel-system-cascade.aspx

It fits but does not leave much front seat leg room. It's the cover part that's the problem. You can put the seat back more if you squish into it a bit but I personally do not want to damage my leather.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

I think your seat is a bit smaller than the one I'm talking about. I'm 5'9 so I don't need much ace. I saw a review on youtube of someone who managed to put it in a Prius, and as far as I know the Prius is smaller than the legacy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think your seat is a bit smaller than the one I'm talking about. I'm 5'9 so I don't need much ace. I saw a review on youtube of someone who managed to put it in a Prius, and as far as I know the Prius is smaller than the legacy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's not going behind you though. It'll be behind the passenger. I can take a picture in the morning to show my passenger leg room if you would like. I wouldn't want something bigger in my back seat. When I'm driving around with the wife in the passenger seat she's pretty cramped. You would think an obxt would have more room but the car seats are massive.

This totally takes me back. Let me just say this, the legacy was not meant to haul around babies. When I was purchasing my car, one of the key points I told my wife was how it has more room than our forester(this is my dream car and I had to make it look good to her). On paper the legacy has more room but it's spread out in the length, which is bad news for these big bulky car seats. The conclusion I came to was that I would have to buy a car seat specific to be child's weight and not these ones that convert into the forward then booster seat. Luckily I didn't have to purchase multiple car seats because we just ended up using my wife's vehicle until my son reached the height/weight where he could be seated forward facing. Sorry about the long winded story but I still might have a car seat (one that was used for the Inlaws car) which is an older model of the graco seat you are looking to get. I'll try and install it and take pics to show you. Good luck with your situation and congrats on the newest edition.

I see that you have plenty room back there. You don't need to keep the canopy append in the car and then you'll have the room.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Plenty in the back but the leg room for the passenger in the front is almost non existent. Put your seat all the way forward and try and sit in it. It's a tight squeeze.

I keep the canopy up to keep the sun away from baby's face. He's only about 2 months old and usually sleeps when he's in the car.

Just as a heads up, the convertible car seat is going to sit a bit differently than the infant carrier that is posted. The position they sit in is a little different. If I can dig my three year olds car seat out of the back of the van I'll try and throw it in the back seat of the subie to get a fitment pic. Should be pretty similar though, just taller.

5'10" here, I have a carseat similar (if not the same)to silentsnow31802's. If I put the carseat behind me I the top of my seat will be hitting it (no easy way to remove it then). Thus we put it behind the passenger seat, my wife is 5'6" and has more then enough room. Also keep your seat more upright (your driving not sleeping) and you will have more room :lol:

This totally takes me back. Let me just say this, the legacy was not meant to haul around babies.

This is the biggest car I've ever owned, it has enough room for car seats, much more then my 04 Forester XT or 00 Infiniti G20. This car is is considered a full sized family sedan in other countries, we're just fat & tall Americans :lol:.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Yep, and in the US it's a mid size :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm in the US and it's still a big car, comparatively speaking (to even older Legacy's). I think our carseats are just getting bigger and bigger compared to what they were before, so makes it seem smaller then it is.

I have considered getting a 2010+ Legacy though, if they weren't so ugly and bland looking (read: toyota) I would be sporting one already :lol:. Maybe with my 2nd child I'll be moving away from 4th gen Legacy :spin:

22 Ascent STOCK

This is the biggest car I've ever owned, it has enough room for car seats, much more then my 04 Forester XT or 00 Infiniti G20. This car is is considered a full sized family sedan in other countries, we're just fat & tall Americans :lol:.

Very true! I should have mentioned that my wife and I are both 6'2", so that means our boy will probably be 7'😄. Right now I have him forward facing and in the middle, lots of room plus he gets a great view driving.

Very true! I should have mentioned that my wife and I are both 6'2", so that means our boy will probably be 7'😄. Right now I have him forward facing and in the middle, lots of room plus he gets a great view driving.

I doubt you would be able to comfortably fit a rearward facing carseat. On my Forester I couldn't put the carseat in the middle with my short (compared to ya'll) 5'10". Legacy on the other hand does fit it in the middle or even behind me (though my seat will touch it making it harder to remove the carseat).

This has got me thinking about getting a 2014 Forester or 2010+ Outback for a non-turbo daily, both of them are nice and spacious, might be more friendly for two carseats.

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived