LegacyGT.com

Cylinder 3 Misfire?

Hi there i just finished a tune-up on my 05 LGT with 5MT. I have a CEL, i checked the codes and have a "Misfire on Cylinder 3 Detected" I was wondering as i face the engine, looking at it with the hood open which cylinder is # 3? I have checked the cables and they all feel good. I might raise the engine up to pull the plugs and start again. not sure which one Cylinder 3 is though.

THanks for any help.

You always talk as from the drivers seat, not from the front of the car.

Passenger side front cylinder is #1, #3 is behind it. #2 is the drivers side front, #4 is behind it under the master brake cylinder.

#3 is back back the turbo.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OK, thanks. I looked at it today and saw that the lil connector piece is broken off. This is the piece that rises when the tab is depressed. So my idea is to take it off, use some dialegitic gel on the connection, then reconnect it and use tape or glue or sealant to help keep it in place. I realize the proper thing to do would be replace it but i have a feeling that would be extremely expensive so plan on doing this till i can do the proper thing.

You guys have any ideas on how to fix this better?

Archived