LegacyGT.com

H & R or Swifts

JWD06OBXT

Getting ready to pull the trigger and lower my 06 OBXT. Going with Legacy KYB's and a lowering spring. Ultimately I wanted to find some Epics but after some research realized that they are no longer in production and sold out everywhere online. Now I'm deciding between H&R's or Swift Wagon Specific springs.

Opinions? Which one will be more of a drop? And how do the rates compare? I know H&R's don't have a wagon specific spring and I don't really wanna make to run any sort of saggy butt spacer. Wheels are 18x8 with 235/40/18.

Let me know what you guys think.

I can only speak to the H&R springs (sedan). H&Rs do not publish their spring rates and result in a ~1.5" drop all around. While I did not need SBS, I opted for 3/8" SBS and that made the car sit perfectly. I am running 18x8.5 +45 with 245/40R18 (needed 3mm spacers for inboard clearance in the rear) in the summer and 235/40R18 (0 clearance/run issues) for everything else.

Swifts drop ~2" all around, and I'm inclined to say that you'll want to go with SBS with either lowering springs to avoid rub and gratuitous tuck.

PM m sprank, he seems to know his stuff about what works on these cars.

Mike at www.AZPinstalls.com may be another good choice as his shop sponsors some driving competitions in NJ.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived