LegacyGT.com

M2 equal length headers?

discojon

My used borla header has finally bit the dust, the pipe cracked almost halfway around on one bank. I was able to weld it back up and get airtight but I know its just a matter of time till it goes again. I found the M2 performance equal length on eBay and figured I'd give them a shot. I think eventually I'll end up with a set of Perrin's or killer B's but until then I'm hoping these will get me by. Anyone used these before? And I'm going to use new GS gaskets not the one it ships with.

uploadfromtaptalk1436145332651.thumb.jpg.d5e60b4ba996445e2efc272dca85376e.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1436145277501.thumb.jpg.e5cf2d1e14060b259594e92ba82b0a08.jpg

On a daily driver headers are always going to be a problem with cracking. Everytime I'm at my local tuning shop there's cars with cracked headers/up pipes. I too have a cracked up pipe. I'd stick with oem or jump up to a much higher end header. Killer B or full race. Not cheap by any means but have never seen one crack.

After more research, I have cancelled that order and picked up a GS High Flow crosspipe. I'm going to port match the other pipes to the GS cross and Uppipe. I ordered a carbide porting set and several flapper wheels and hopefully that will be enough. I don't plan on wrapping the manifold but i am going to sandblast and paint / coat the end pipes.

Archived