LegacyGT.com

engine belt... where to buy ...JDM legacy 2004 H6 3.0 boxer

Hey duds... i have this legacy JDM 2004 can with H6 boxer 3.0 engine... that is on chain... no turbo or anything....

anyway can you tell me where i can buy ONLINE a good quality engine belt or whatever its called... the belt in front of the engine... (see image that blue thing)

i have this car for 2 years now never have changed it... now its started to make some screaming sounds :spin: so i guess it needs to be changed....

also changing just the belt is fine right>??? or those spinning round things that the belt is attached on needs to be changed also??

thx

You could PM one of the trusted vendors from the Vendor link up top on that blue bar, or PM "Underdog" and see what he can do for you.

The pulleys should be ok, the tensioners could be replaced if you want to. Spray the bolts with PB Blaster or some penetrating fluid before you try and break them loose.

I also put anti-seize compound on all nut and bolts I put back on the car.

I gather your from that Georgia, not the one here in the USA ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I gather your from that Georgia, not the one here in the USA ?

yea that Georgia :D not USA one... didn't understand anything too .. i just want the belt and ill take it to some local shop get it replaced ... was just wondering if it is very important to replace pulleys and tentioners... when u get to the shop they tell you you have to replace it and bla bla bla it costs a lot whatever :spin:

Only need to replace the tensioner's if they are bad. If you can't check them yourself, then a shop will want to replace them. The pulleys will not need replacing.

My 11 year old car still has the same tensioner's it came with.

If your talking about the timing belt, then yes, you replace the tensioners.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Only need to replace the tensioner's if they are bad. If you can't check them yourself, then a shop will want to replace them. The pulleys will not need replacing.

My 11 year old car still has the same tensioner's it came with.

If your talking about the timing belt, then yes, you replace the tensioners.

thanks man... tensioners 100% and maybe belt also has to be replaced... was changing the oil yesterday mechanic said the sounds and everything is coming out of that tensioner....

now all i have to do is buy online in US some good quality parts.. because locals sell some cheap parts made in Taiwan or something .. ill try to contact the vendors

try rockauto.com i dont think your belts would be any different then a us model subaru any ways

yea thats what im trying to figure out because my Engine is h6 boxer B4 3.4.... and US model is 2.5 engine or something so dont want to make any mistake :spin:

cant figure out htis website... at all...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oem-online-subaru-parts-vendors-list-42243.html

Try one of those Vendors. One of them should be able to help you. PM "underdog" he's my first choice, then the guy's at http://www.AZPinstalls.com.

yea thats what im trying to figure out because my Engine is h6 boxer B4 3.4.... and US model is 2.5 engine or something so dont want to make any mistake :spin:

cant figure out htis website... at all...

you said your h6 is 3.0 earlier and thats the same as us model now you say its 3.4

from what i see a 3.0 h6 only has one belt gates k060645

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/attachments/f81/36681d1334438423-ez30-idler-pulley-saga-cheap-solution-serpentine-belt-threading-diagram.jpg

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/attachments/gen-3-2005-2009/27764d1362729889-idler-pulley-bracket-2005-h6-l-l-bean-serpentine-layout-image.jpg

sorry i meant 3.0 not 3.4... i wish it was 3.4 :D ... anyway im trying to find out now if the belt is one whole thing ... or it has two belts... i cant see well from the top.... anyway ill figure this out then order correct parts and done car will be in perfect condition ... .

bought this car 2 years ago and this is the only thing im changing now besides oils and filters rest is in perfect condition..:rolleyes:

Archived