LegacyGT.com

Stock height Outback upgraded suspensions?

INVNO1

Hey, I'm looking to upgrade my winter setup and am wanting to go back to stock height on my OBXT(JUST for winter! LOL). I have been using a stock LGT setup with some 1/2" saggy butt spacers, but it is too soft and too low for what I am wanting for winter. Any suggestions on a stock Outback height w/stiffer springs/shocks setup?

Thanks in advance

BCBR coils? They can be specced with an outback length housing, so you can still achieve stock height. I'll bet that would solve your issues with the wagon feeling too squishy too. That would be a good option to keep on year round, just adjust the housing length and you're done (in that respect)! If you've go the cash, you can do a Bilstein BTS conversion too, but good luck finding one easily. People absolutely love the setup thoigh. I believe WRX USA has that kit installed.

There's not many options though... for stock outback suspension we have the option of KYB GR2 shocks, and that's it AFAIK.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

BCBR coils? They can be specced with an outback length housing, so you can still achieve stock height. I'll bet that would solve your issues with the wagon feeling too squishy too. That would be a good option to keep on year round, just adjust the housing length and you're done (in that respect)! If you've go the cash, you can do a Bilstein BTS conversion too, but good luck finding one easily. People absolutely love the setup thoigh. I believe WRX USA has that kit installed.

There's not many options though... for stock outback suspension we have the option of KYB GR2 shocks, and that's it AFAIK.

I was thinking the BC BR coilovers. I do not need them for summer because I already have a set of Feal 441 coilovers with swift springs. Looks like the KYB GR struts are the only readily available shock that's an upgrade to stock. THen comes looking for stiffer springs too. I think I might just be better off doing the BCs.

Archived