LegacyGT.com

navigation system for the Legacy without

ben64

It's the 7" JDM bezel. Ordered from japanparts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you inspired me, I just ordered the 7" JDM bezel from Japan parts and a lte nexus 7 off swappa. Hope it comes out as OEM looking as yours

Photo reference. Ignore the IAM, it was just reset.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/08/b8d825890ba434ad9a0fadc780d13df4.jpg

What happens when you turn off your car?

+1 on the nexus in car. I've been running it for the past few months and finally got the jdm bezel last night and it's wonderful. Copilot is probably the best offline GPS app I've used. Sygic is good too, but it prompts often with notifications and offers (read: spam) and sucked battery life for me.

Automateit/tasker are absolutely necessary for the install though. It manages things like waking up/turning off the tablet when it senses power, changing volume, etc. There's a thread on here that is pretty thorough.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4550417&postcount=318

+1 on the nexus in car. I've been running it for the past few months and finally got the jdm bezel last night and it's wonderful. Copilot is probably the best offline GPS app I've used. Sygic is good too, but it prompts often with notifications and offers (read: spam) and sucked battery life for me.

Automateit/tasker are absolutely necessary for the install though. It manages things like waking up/turning off the tablet when it senses power, changing volume, etc. There's a thread on here that is pretty thorough.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4550417&postcount=318

That looks great. Now I might do this...gah... It would allow me to get rid of some stuff and have an actually useful nav :lol: Only thing I'm curious about would be the hooking up of my reverse camera and how that would work with the tablet.

The GPS app that I like to use is Waze though since you and others are all able to drop pins noting where things are on the road: cars broken down, cops, traffic jams, etc.

Any idea how much data your tablet uses when running all that stuff? I saw you said you have an unlimited data plan but I was just curious.

What happens when you turn off your car?

With timurs rom it goes to airplane mode/deep sleep to conserve when it loses power through the the usb connection. It wakes and resumes when it receives power from the car when it is turned on

That looks great. Now I might do this...gah... It would allow me to get rid of some stuff and have an actually useful nav :lol: Only thing I'm curious about would be the hooking up of my reverse camera and how that would work with the tablet.

There's a setting in timurs rom that allows you to hook up a usb camera I believe.

• 3 weeks later...

So he actively updates? Somewhat hard to tell for sure on his page, but if he does still work on it that's pretty cool and makes the $30 somewhat more reasonable.

On another note, does anyone have a diagonal measurement of the jdm nav opening? Makes me wonder if an 8-9" screen could possibly work.

If you get the bezel from avojdm, a 8 or 9" tablet would work

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

This bezel, correct?

http://www.avojdm.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_54_60&products_id=109

If so that might be worth exploring, however now that I think about it, I could foresee possible fitment issues with the aux cable and charging/OTG cable. Sad thing is, decent 7" tablets seem to be harder to find now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto/android-head-units/4-4-2-kitkat-head-unit-newsmy-carpad-t2865525

I bought that along with the jdm double din kit. Once the kit arrives I'll be installing it. Played with the radio a bit and it's pretty nice. Looks good and runs fast. I got the 2gb ram version.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

So I'm guessing this is logged into your Google account? That's one thing I'm worried about. Also is it easy to remove? I could see some crackhead ripping this out of my car if I ever have to park in a bad area

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So I'm guessing this is logged into your Google account? That's one thing I'm worried about. Also is it easy to remove? I could see some crackhead ripping this out of my car if I ever have to park in a bad area

It can be logged into your Google account. The actual brain is a small external box that is on a quick disconnect clip. You can make it easy to remove. I'll be installing it this weekend hopefully and I'll take some pics.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Also leaving your car to get serviced or a nosey date that you leave in the car while you pay for gas lol. They can pull up your email and go digging

Remove the android box when the car gets serviced and it will not work. You can hide the email icons from the menus if you dont want it to be used.

The Android box?

Eh sorry. I thought you were talking about the double din stereo I linked not the Nexus install.

Side note.... For those curious about the double din stereo.... I have not real world tested it yet but I got it installed and 100% working. GPS works great. Wifi in the garage works great. Working on a mobile data solution. One negative is I now have a decent amount of battery drain and the car battery is completely dead after 48 hours. I mean so dead its like its unplugged. Need to look into that.....

• 2 years later...

I own a subaru legacy 2006 Spec B ,(true) with 42000 ( also true) but its navigation system is in need of an update. it's under the drivers seat ,that I know but can I just order a new C.D. And install it myself? Highways and turnoffs that exist aren't even on my map.

Any help would be appreciated ....

ANY

Archived