LegacyGT.com

Clutch Improving???

MaxC... can you tell BAC5.2 to shoot me a msg.. i've been trying to get in touch with him for a couple weeks.

Thanks

IIRC he's in the middle of moving (BAC)

where in mass are you, NRW?

Worcester area

Nrw may be a good one to ask for help too. He knows some good people that may be able to help you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Smell from clutch is typical. I have to 5mt subarus and get the smell from time to time. My older OBW doesnt do it that much since I replaced the clutch with exedy one. I have also replaced the slave unit. When the weather would get hot the clutch pedal would stick to the floorboard sometimes. I do notice my 2008 Legacy clutch is squishy compared to the 98 OBW. The stock clutch seems to be slipping compared to the exedy clutch in my OBW. Both cars have K&N high flow air filters and lightened crank pulley's. I think once I replace the clutch with an Exedy one things will be better.

I replaced stock clutch with exedy (considered stock) and it hasn't been great.

Before I got it replaced the mechanic did a couple things, 1 being adjusting the clutch pedal. Since the pedal got adjusted, and the clutch replaced (by different mech) the pedal was never adjusted back, i don't think.

I've been informed by a couple diff people on here that this could be my problem of clutch smell and slipping feel (only in first when engaging). The master cylinder and clutch pedal work in unison and therefore can cause this outcome?

BTW there's no evidence of slipping elsewhere throughout the rpm range. There's a little "dead play" at the top of the clutch pedal as well...

NRW: thoughts?

Archived