LegacyGT.com

Newbie question: Can an 06 Outback be set to "normal" height w Legacy GT suspension?

steveracer

Can I replace the suspension with a simple replacement of Legacy parts to get the car down to proper ride height?

I want a manual wagon with cloth seats/heated seats. In fact I want a white one with black interior, and am having a hard time finding a 2005 Legacy/Legacy GT like this.

so I may resort to the swap if the drive axles, control arms and other pertinent stuff are the same between vehicles.

Thanks

Can I replace the suspension with a simple replacement of Legacy parts to get the car down to proper ride height?

I want a manual wagon with cloth seats/heated seats. In fact I want a white one with black interior, and am having a hard time finding a 2005 Legacy/Legacy GT like this.

so I may resort to the swap if the drive axles, control arms and other pertinent stuff are the same between vehicles.

Thanks

That's strange. Went to a dealer last weekend and the salesman took us over to the storage lot in a wagon exactly like the one you want.

At least a couple of Outback owners have installed coilovers that drop the Outback to Legacy ride heights, so it's possible. Like drewster said, checkout the subaruoutback.org forums. I pop between the two, so can't remember which one has the hot dropped Outbacks (I believe drewster happens to be one). :)

Guest *Jedimaster*
Don't get the XT if you don't really want it- there are other differences, such as smaller brakes (which need upgrading). What's your area? Still lots of what you want in and around NY. Have a dealer locate one- even if it's far away.

Jedimaster, I am near Detroit and am looking for a wagon, either 2.5i (base or Limited) or GT (base or Limited), white, with black interior. Automatic would be best choice, but if a manual were local, I would be serious about a look.

I am not afraid of the small brakes of the Outback or 2.5, as I will be able to get my Safari Speedlines with Blizzaks on the car, with the GT I have to buy larger rims/tires.

I don't NEED this car as my 99 Impreza RS is fine, just WANT the versatility of the wagon plus I really like the design. And the Outback can be optioned different, and I really like the monochromatic cladding on some of the cars.

Didn't know about the Outback site, and will check out how the wagons look with the cladding and lowered!!!

Maybe soon I will have the wagon that suits me.

Thanks for all the replies,

I believe the main differences are the lengthened shocks/springs and lift blocks. I assume you could take out the blocks and put stock LGT suspension on an OBXT and get it to 'proper' height. :lol:

Would this imply that LGT shocks would work in the OBXT w/ the stock OBXT springs? This would presumably lower the car by the amount that the OBXT shocks are lengthened over the LGT shocks... right?

Has anyone tried this?

Archived