LegacyGT.com

2010 LGT Bolt-ons plus Fuel and BNR 18G

So finally got all the power mods i wanted done completed...it is likely there wont be anything else going on the car as far as power adders go.

2010 LGT

KN panel Filter

Dwerks 1000CC injectors

Denso 210 LPH Pump

Iridium 1 step colder plugs

GFB recirc

Racer X TMIC

Racer X charge Pipe

Invidia catted TBE

Perrin Throttlebody hose

BNR VF54-18G turbo

HKS funnel / milk jug delete

E85

I drove it all the way down to Jon (formerly TDC) at 5150 racing in Santa Ana, CA. The truth is, i trust him as he tuned my 05 LGT stage III (18G meth, full boltons) at around 50k miles, and it ran flawlessly for 50 more K miles, i then sold it to a fellow member over 3 year ago and its still running flawlessly...

a big thanks to Jackal for all his help as his 20G build is almost identical in the beginning to mine.

at first we had a bit of overboosting issues, slightly loosened the actuator and also ported the turbo, and now it holds very very steady up to 20-23psi in all gears with zero spiking and overboosting.

check out the attached dyno results, which is almost exactly what i had hoped for based on reading others with similar mods.

and similar to Jackal's build, i noticed a completely different response to the car after the build.

originally and after full bolt ons and stage2 e-tune, the car delivered its power in one big lump, and then started to trail off after perhaps running out of breath. its fun in short spurts but it is a bit hard to drive very smoothly, and the power delivery also i think is pretty hard on the clutch.

now, there is less of the violent on boost jerk, instead, the boost comes on about 500-800rpms later than before, and arrives more like a tidal wave that continues all the way to redline instead of like a bomb that explodes and dissipates.

the first time i got on it, i honestly thought the car wasnt as fast as there wasnt the violent rush, however, my mind quickly changed as my brain was telling me, based on the old tune, that i should be going a little over 60mph, but when i glaced down at the speedo, i was already almost past 80...and this kind of thing happened throughout the day as my brain struggles to adjust.

loving in so far

i will post some more videos later...but you socal guys are pretty lucky to have someone like Jon down there, its the 2nd time in 8 years i have made the drive down for one of my cars

and the dyno graph is pretty interesting. the DOTTED line was my 05 LGT wagon 5EAT, with all bolt ons, fuel mods, 18G and meth injection running on 91. the torque results isnt relevant as the 5eat makes it hard to calibrate...but still pretty interesting in how the two cars differ in power delivery

b

11391283_10152878088001016_5508783615226643554_n.jpg.aecbd1bdabb5fb0f6e59ace228312b83.jpg

Archived