LegacyGT.com

p2016 rant frustrated

to pull the manifold, well its easy. there is going to be a challenge buttoning thia thing back up . Passenger side sensor. My research says to remove the fly baffles. but.. so I still need a new sensor? i have to replace the crapola turbo inlet as there was a tear from a previous turbo installa. The 200 k subie turbo is testing my patience. any insight is appreciated!

The fuel line has 2 bolts upside down underneath the plenum, the harness pins are hard to get to especially the inside fuel injector and TGV sensor.. Fubared the one on the passenger side TGV sensor.

This video is somewhat helpful

My preference is just to fix or replace the sensor/or motor. How do I bench test them?

If I pulled the butterflies or vanes, and left the rod, would I still get a CEL, if I didn't replace the motor or sensor?

These directions are good, except, you want to unbolt the fuel lines first:

http://www.scoobymods.com/showthread.php/mod-tgv-tumble-generator-valve-4371.html?

This video is long. . but somewhat informative on gutting the

dealer will only sell a full lower intake for $400+ and wants 300+ for a new turbo intake duct. I found a full package at a local junk yard for $200 off a 2005. The only diff looks like the injectors are square, while mine are yellow.

Yeah, I found the cross reference part for the Tumble Generator Valve Sensor is the Throttle Body Sensor. It's still 100+ bones. I figure with the Junkyard full intake assemble with all sensors, piping, harness, fuel lines and turbo duct as well. Is a good deal. Coincidentally hooked up with it locally on EBAY. can actually pick it up myself, and see if there are any other pieces I can pick off the carcass.

yeah. Coolant temperature sensor was hidden under a vacuum device. Spent an hour looking for it. Everything went pretty smoothly with the wiring harness considering how many different ways to snap and unsnap those damned harness clips. The design to service the coil packs and plugs is laughable.

everything back together. Did have a few glitches.. I overlooked a loose clamp on the FMIC plumbing feeding the MAF. Ran like hell, had thrown a p0302, but it smoothed out. Then I heard something like knocking.. oh my. But that went away too. A little squeaking from the alternator belt, which wasn't on all the way (dark garage). In the last 300 miles: new rear brake calipers, rotors pads, flushed brake fluid, 4 new Kumhos, replace the whole intake assembly, including the wiring harness. I had a P2016 which started all the work. My advice for anyone attempting this with the motor in the vehicle, take your time and all of the harness are a "Push and Release" type. I do have an extra harness, plenum, intakes and fuel lines. My test drive revealed this is the best this car has run since I bought it. Time for a beer.

Archived