LegacyGT.com

Cheap(ish) quiet catback exhaust

A decade of NE winters has taken a toll on the stock catback.

Rusted off hanger, mufflers to y-pipe are now one piece thanks to rust, and I now have a hole somewhere near the resonator.

I was thinking Magnaflow, since it appears to be the most highly rated reasonably-priced aftermarket catback, but I like my car quiet; little concerned with just one cat and a wagon that I'll get some decent droning. Plus with a little one in a car seat, I'd like to make sure the clamps are gas-tight right from the beginning.

Obviously new OEM is $$$. Debating looking into what Meineke or another such shop could offer; but then I'd be dealing with labor of piecing together/installing a system.

Should I go with the magnaflow/weld in a resonator, use exhaust tape to seal joints and call it done? Any other possibilities you can think of?

Thanks!

The hks silent exhaust looks awesome and after watching the you tube videos its the catback I would get if I wanted something quieter.. But I prefer loud because boxer rumble is the best sound ever :lol:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I've given away stock turbo backs, in great condition, from nearly every one of my cars. Post in the WTB, you never know.

I have the borla and it sounds wonderful... barely a whisper over stock at idle and partial throttle, but has some nice throatiness to it when you're pushing.

Archived