LegacyGT.com

Eurotire says don't wait 1 week for alignment after springs?

mmm def

Alright I'll be getting the ions soon, so I have been calling around for quotes on installation. A very reputable place in Fairfield NJ Eurotire said to do the alignment when you have the spring installed "they shouldn't sag that much in a week"

Another tuner who I plan on having them installed down in Brick NJ says wait a week.

?

This is my first time with lowering a car.

If the place doing the install can try and line up the bolts as close to possible to where they were with the stock springs (i used a sharpie to mark mine) - then you shouldnt be too far off from the correct settings.

I'd go ahead and let it settle for a week after that before getting an alignment.

In the time between the install and the alignment just don't push things to hard around the corners or anything.

(this was per Jake at ION's suggestion)

It makes sense to wait a week or two in order to let things settle and the springs break in a little. I marked my bolts when swapping and got it close enough that only the toe setting was out by a hair.

I think Eurotire is not all its cracked up to be. They had no clue about alligning my Evo when I brought it to them and blamed me for not explaining to them how it worked (stock) on the Evo.

Alright I'll be getting the ions soon, so I have been calling around for quotes on installation. A very reputable place in Fairfield NJ Eurotire said to do the alignment when you have the spring installed "they shouldn't sag that much in a week"

Another tuner who I plan on having them installed down in Brick NJ says wait a week.

?

This is my first time with lowering a car.

If the place doing the install can try and line up the bolts as close to possible to where they were with the stock springs (i used a sharpie to mark mine) - then you shouldnt be too far off from the correct settings.

I'd go ahead and let it settle for a week after that before getting an alignment.

In the time between the install and the alignment just don't push things to hard around the corners or anything.

(this was per Jake at ION's suggestion)

What, and where exactly are you marking, I've never done a suspension before, but plan on doing it myself. I haven't quite figured out what and where to mark after reading everyone's posts.

mark the position of the camber bolt. It's the eccentric one with hash marks on the front struts. Put it back like you found it, and your camber should be pretty close which allows you a bit of time before getting the alignment done.

Archived