LegacyGT.com

auto to stick swap

Highrider

Just want to get an idea of what would be a better choice for a daily driver swap on a 06 wagon? Either a 6spd or 5spd which ever is going to be more efficient driving around all the time, yet still can handle some power. Not to familiar will these transmissions except for my outback n/a that had a 5spd. No power so found a nice gt wagon but sadly no manual. Hoping its not too hard to get swapped in, would be sweet to be shifting again. Oh would that mean everything on the cobb access port would have to be reset or changed as well?

Its hard, and for a daily driver, not worth it. you are going to have to do a full ecu/harness swap to make it work, along with drilling for the clutch and sourcing a MT ECU.

save your time/money. enjoy the car you have, or sell it and buy the car you want.

Hey thanks for the info. The more ive looked into it, seems like a huge job. Good advice, i just dont know as much about swaps as id like to. Well unless i win some crazy money and can do it for shits then ill wait a year or two maybe ill find a nice spec b. I love my car but miss the ability to shift at will.

Well thank again for the helpful advice definitely puts me in a new direction.

Yeah maybe be a worth while trip depending, i would like to get it up to a around 400whp sleeper wagon. So the swap if to spendy i may go another route. I am kinda near pia in tacoma so im sure they would know a exact or close to price estimate on something this substantial.

Sweet good to know the auto still can handle the power. Saving up to do the turbo and tune. I was recommended to check into cams as wells and definitely a intercooler. Is there any good upgrades for the auto transmission? That is if i end up keeping it that way.

Hexmods, Hexmods, Hexmods! It doesn't matter If you have 400HP or are still stock, The Hexmods Valvebody Mod will make your car much more enjoyable to drive. Hexmods is worth every penny, and it makes a complete night and day difference with the added piece of mind that your 5EAT will be running strong for a very long time. For a daily driver especially in the city areas, shifting/clutching is HIGHLY over rated. I Don't miss my 5 speed.

Archived