LegacyGT.com

08 Outback 2.5i with no power

I have a friend with an '08 outback which has very little power. It can drive, but barely gets out of its own way and takes about a half mile to get to 50mph. The engine runs and sound very smooth, no misfires or anything like that. Air filter is brand new it looked like, maf sensor seemed to be functioning based on my Torque pro app and everything seemed to jive.

At first there was no codes but after a few restarts I got the A/T Oil Temp light flashing and a CEL. The codes were:

P1718 - believe more specifically a trans temp sensor

P0600

P0700

Anyone have any clue?

I did some brief research, and the first thing is I would check to see if the green test connectors are connected. It sounds like they should be in the same location for the outback, which is underneath the glove box, pictures in the link below. While it may be an unlikely fix, it's easy to check and easy to fix if that is the problem.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/green-connector-under-gloveboxi-76335.html

From what I've read these are supposed to be unplugged unless you are doing something involving the ecu.

Archived