LegacyGT.com

07wrxstage2's 2005 GRP LGT 5eat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still want to see your car in person. We will have to set something up.

Yea definitely. I haven't made it out to any meets lately. Maybe we could just grab lunch or something on a weekend since I work that 10-6 schedule. Or if there any upcomming meets let me know and i'll see if I can make it.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

alex@jdmprestigemotors.com

I think you have the rear springs installed upside down.

I just installed H&R springs last weekend and their website says:

Which end of the spring is up?

H&R springs fit the same way that stock springs do. The shape of the spring is most important.

If the spring is the same on both sides and fits the same either direction, then it is correct to install the spring with the closer coils “up”.

If the spring is smaller at one end and larger at the other, the orientation should match OEM factory installed springs.

I think the closer coils are always installed up on progressive springs. I'm not sure if this is a big deal, but I was a bit paranoid so I flipped my springs once I realized I installed them upside down to. I thought it made sense to install them so you could read the writing on the springs......guess not.

H&R springs fit the same way that stock springs do. The shape of the spring is most important.

If the spring is the same on both sides and fits the same either direction, then it is correct to install the spring with the closer coils “up”.

If the spring is smaller at one end and larger at the other, the orientation should match OEM factory installed springs.

I think the closer coils are always installed up on progressive springs. I'm not sure if this is a big deal, but I was a bit paranoid so I flipped my springs once I realized I installed them upside down to. I thought it made sense to install them so you could read the writing on the springs......guess not.

How they are pictured is how I ran them on my wagon before removing them and selling them. Don't think it makes too much of a difference.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Thanks for the info. I will check into this further to be sure before I install them.

How they are pictured is how I ran them on my wagon before removing them and selling them. Don't think it makes too much of a difference.

Yea just went through some threads for now and I see people install them both ways and haven't heard of any issues with the closer coils being on the bottom.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

Hey man, your car looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing that Koni kit installed.

I appreciate it. And I know hopefully very soon. Was going to have a friend help me install them but he's busy for the next few weeks. If anyone local wants to help me with the install pm me. I just don't currently have access to tools or anywhere to do the install.

Also here's a quick pic after the install yesterday. I'll have to mess with the right hanger as you can see the right side is sitting a little lower than the left. The borla is just what I was expecting! It's nice and subtle around town and no droning what so ever when cruising on the highway. Best of all I finally get that boxer rumble back! I haven't done much driving with the sway bar on yet but I can already feel the difference. The rear end is definitely more solid. Now just to get the koni kit installed.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/wrxsti4life/DFA610D4-E4C3-4A08-B6A6-B9B21D1F40EA_zps9qypfuye.jpg

Oh and I forgot the bad news. So they found out why I'm getting the steering wheel vibration. Apparently one of the new rota wheels I bought is slightly bent/defective. They moved it to the rear for now so I don't get much vibration anymore but can still tell it's there. Contacting Aspec wheels(i've bought 3 sets from them) in Ca and see how they handle it. Im hoping it's a smooth process. Just glad it wasn't a bigger issue.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

Oh and I forgot the bad news. So they found out why I'm getting the steering wheel vibration. Apparently one of the new rota wheels I bought is slightly bent/defective. They moved it to the rear for now so I don't get much vibration anymore but can still tell it's there. Contacting Aspec wheels(i've bought 3 sets from them) in Ca and see how they handle it. Im hoping it's a smooth process. Just glad it wasn't a bigger issue.

My original 3.0 R wheels did that to me too. Rebalanced it. Then the brakes started it up again..

• 1 month later...

Alright just a little update. My new wheel is on it's way. The company gave me a discount since it's been more than 6 months after purchase for them to warranty which I understand. I have a claim in with Rota directly and waiting to hear back although I'm not that hopeful.

Also decided I'd like to get a pro tune by next spring. I wasn't going to do anything more power wise but I decided to start collecting some little bits to get the most from the tune. Not upgrading the turbo at this time. So far I have a Gs intake, Gs ebcs, Dw 265 fp. Also plan on getting a perrin inlet and tru-cool 4452 trans cooler. And if my budget permits it I'll get the Gs tmic and maybe dw 740cc injectors. We'll see what happens

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

Well ebay sent me an email with $20 off pretty much anything and they also had a $100 gift card for $95 so I took advantage of the oppertunity and did some ebay shopping. Bought some avo rear underbody braces for $160 and a tru cool 4452 trans cooler for $60. After the savings only $195 for both items brand new shipped! Time to start getting things installed!

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

Nice. I want to see the car again after that is done. At this point I am pretty much waiting till spring to do anything else. I may paint my stock wheels before then.

Yea I hear you, what color you thinking about doing? By the way I just called andrewtech to set up my apt for 11-17. So anytime after that we can try to meet up.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

Yea I hear you, what color you thinking about doing? By the way I just called andrewtech to set up my apt for 11-17. So anytime after that we can try to meet up.

I will probably go for gun metal. I want something darker than what they are.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, car has been dropped at andrewtech. Just getting koni kit installed, new rota wheel mounted and an oil change. Going to wait to install the lower arm bar and rear braces to see what kind of difference I feel after installing them.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

Figured I'd throw up some quick before and after pics I took with my phone. It's not as much of a drop as I wanted but ultimately I'm happy. Also haven't done much driving to give any impressions other than the ride actually feels comfier than stock(dampening set in the middle).

Sorry the pics aren't great but all I have for now. Also took before measurements from the ground to fender as well as center of hub to fender. Once I get the after measurements and some better pics i'll post it up.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/wrxsti4life/FA864176-1FC3-49B0-BA73-15CA64EE8715_zpsdt4wjye8.jpg

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/wrxsti4life/CDF7A21A-BC43-4A8A-9D2F-A1068C422CAC_zpssic2of4i.jpg

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/wrxsti4life/4BE3CE92-2FFD-470A-BD95-39B66D25AA3F_zpssrbizrvu.jpg

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/wrxsti4life/621F0673-B555-4E42-8393-E5C577E7DB7F_zpsqn1pfno9.jpg

Quick shot before leaving Andrewtech. First time going their and it definitely won't be the last! Sam and everyone are great people over there. They make you feel very comfortable asking even the dumbest questions and also explained everything they did and why they did. +1 for them!

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/wrxsti4life/AFE97A1A-43BD-46B7-A14C-95655DD3DF24_zpsid3dujad.jpg

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

Just wanted to report back that in my case they were installed correctly.

Thanks again magnusonsubie, But I can see why you went with coilovers. Although once I get some 18x8.5 wheels with 235/40's it should help close the gap a tiny bit more and just overall look better.

Looks great man. I bet it drives great too.

Thanks, I can already tell it handles much better and the ride is just amazing. Nothing like when I had bc br coilovers and those weren't even to bad for me.

Looking good Alex!!!

Thanks man, now I just need to get my headlights blacked out or get my temp ones on. Oh and hook up with you and get some nice photos taken. ;)

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

Archived