LegacyGT.com

Fuel pump duty 100% at idle?? car bogs and stalls

05 LGT

was stage 2 with turbo back, big TMIC doing fine until TGV failed...put in some deleted TGVs with new gaskets all around (tgv to head and intake manifold o orings) cleared the tgv codes (tuning via AP v3)

put in brand new bnr 16g (sat on a shelf in original bag for 2-3 years), used dw65c FP and used 740cc DW injectors (these used fuel upgrades have been sitting for about a year...maybe more) did upgraded oil line as well

we did the upgraded fuel pump wiring as well straight to the battery

new little injector o rings, new tgv/injector seals, new pcv valve, new ocv solenoids

used grimmspeed EBCS installed

oem BOV - did not put a new gasket here but appears fine and have a reusable mr gasket between turbo and intercooler (I may go today and get these two new gaskets to try)

flashed car immediately with stage 3 tune (from a vendor/pro here) after these parts go on

car runs like shit right away. wants to stall. no power. give it gas it usually wants to bog down, occassionaly it will accelerate

drive it 20km home look for vac leaks repeatedly for days (couldnt find any but maybe there still is one) zip tied and clamped blue t under intercooler, zip tied or clamped all other lines I could

have the avo throttle body to intercooler hose and Ive checked it 3x and made sure its good and tight

all at idle:

AFR was kind of all over.. maxing out AF/Correction 1 for several starts and dies. ive removed intercooler now 2-3x checking for more leaks etc

this morning trying to find new ideas or possible issues, AF correction was spiking rich and then lean kind of repeatedly and car would die.. car tends to idle perfect for 10-20 seconds. it goes funky from 20-30 seconds and usually dies after 30 seconds.. occassionaly it will rebound and continue to run..

i took an interesting log at idle that shows a maxed out fuel pump duty the entire time and what looks to be low injector duty.. log is attached

any advice welcome!

datalog16%20FPD%20100.csv

Someone in another thread talked about the front O2 sensor being bad and not throwing a code. (?)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

okay Ill check the FP wiring over again

as for the front 02... good suggestion, mine has been frozen a few times now (unresponsive) as my af/r stays exactly the same as does af learnings etc (shortly after a fresh reset or flash)..It doesnt seem to stay frozen long.. does this happen from time to time or is that a sure tell sign its gone bad?

my FP also runs at 100% DC for about the same time after startup. Then it kicks down to 33%. Yours also went back to 100% on the near stall at the end of the log - probably normal.

Looks like it's staying in open loop for the duration of your log. If you let it run longer does it enter closed loop? (where the reported AFR isn't just locked at 14.7)

Also, sounds like you've visually searched for vac/boost leaks quite a bit. But have you considered doing a pressurized boost leak test? (i just use low pressure < 5 psi) It can really uncover some sneaky leaks :)

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

update.. fixed the car... i had the injectors cleaned (didnt help) cleaned the maf again (got little better readings from it, it seemed but didnt help)

fuel pump housing had a little tiny crack in it and affected the pressure..so it wasnt getting the right fuel pressure...swapped it out and runs good again... yay

Archived