LegacyGT.com

black interior

I don't find the leather hard to keep clean, but those carpets are way hard. I've had black interiors before, but these seem harder to keep clean than average. They must be a different shade of black with less grey fibers in it or something. No biggie. I just vaccum when I wash the car. Problem solved.

If you want to keep your interior clean then don't eat in it or drink in it. Don't smoke either. Don't let your kids eat or drink in it either. I've got kids and it will be a cold day before I give them something that will spill all over the place. Cars are not dining room tables. I'm not saying that anyone is an evil person if they let their kids drink a bottle in the car or anything, I'm just saying that if you want the inside of your car to stay clean, then you might want to evaluate some of the things you allow to enter the car.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

^^^ Amen to that! I used to eat in my other cars, but on this one I will not. The taupe is just too light, and I can't even imagine what it would look like with condiments, or grease spilled all over it!

I have already a small hairline stain in one of my seats (driver's seat), barely noticeable but to me. I bought some leather cleaner and conditioner, but it is still there. Not sure if it was there from the getgo. Anyway, the side bolsters of my seat were already starting to collect dirt, but the cleaner and the conditioner took care of that.

On another off topic question, what is the best way of getting rid of a small scratch on the clearcoat that is about an inch long, and thin that you can feel with your fingernail when you run it over it? I am pissed that this happened, but I like to get rid of it, oh and also the stains of the armor all oil they use in car washes on the tires that splahes all over the bottom parts of the wheel wells as soon as you take off? I don't think it is regular amor all but some other black heavy oil like substance.

I know some off topic questions, but I figure I ask here.

X

---

On another off topic question, what is the best way of getting rid of a small scratch on the clearcoat that is about an inch long, and thin that you can feel with your fingernail when you run it over it? I am pissed that this happened, but I like to get rid of it, oh and also the stains of the armor all oil they use in car washes on the tires that splahes all over the bottom parts of the wheel wells as soon as you take off? I don't think it is regular amor all but some other black heavy oil like substance.

I know some off topic questions, but I figure I ask here.

X

Good questions. Start another thread in the detailing forum for them and we can explore options. I don't really want to hijack an interior thread with exterior discussions. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Black interior and exterior are a beotch to keep clean. The carpet and floor mats are just a pain in my ass. Rubber winter mats here I come. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I get whitish marks on my leather every once in awhile. I think it is left over from that sucky Black Magic leather cleaner/conditioner I use. My dad said I should apply it again now that it's not so hot and I won't get any white marks. *sigh* Such a pain in the ass.

Good questions. Start another thread in the detailing forum for them and we can explore options. I don't really want to hijack an interior thread with exterior discussions. ;)

Good deal, I'll start it in the Detailing, Maintenance, and Long-term care forum.

Thanks,

X

---

Archived