LegacyGT.com

Yeah. 8.9 sec 0-60 seems more in line with what I would expect. If the 2.5i manual gets a little quicker over the next few years, that may be my next car. Especially if gas prices continue in the direction they're headed.

One review I read said an Impreza 2.5RS does 0-60 in 7.9 with manual, 8.2 with auto.

http://www.modernracer.com/history/subaruimpreza25rshistory.html

So 8.9sec for a Legacy sounds about right, considering the extra ~200lbs of weight.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

After having a 1.8t GTI that ran low 14's and and very light S13 240sx with a decently tuned KA, I have no problems with the speed of my MT 2.5i. As long as you're in the right gear at the right time, you can handle most normal driving situations (stoplight drag, on ramp highway merges). If someone's really gunning for me, I'll proabably lose - but I can usually see that coming and decide it's not worth the gas. The only thing that kills me on a regualr basis is the 2nd gear rolling stop, like coming out of a toll. The car bogs so bad down there before 2k but at the same time I hate dropping down to 1st at 15-20 mph. I guess I miss the turbo torque.

I like to tell myself this car's fast enough to have fun with and not get into trouble. That's important in NJ.

I like to tell myself this car's fast enough to have fun with and not get into trouble. That's important in NJ.

Yeah, already got my first ticket in my LGT - that didn't take long :rolleyes:

It's awful easy to get up to 50+ coming off of a stop in the 35 zones. It just gets up there before you know it. Lame excuse, I know, but there's some truth to it :D

Well depending on what you have (auto or manual) the times differ greatly. Manual gets you there in 8.9 and auto 10.4 (found here)

This is a little off-topic, but according to the webpage posted above:

Combined Fuel Consumption

34.4 mpg - (Man)

Combined Fuel Consumption

34.9 mpg - (Auto)

How is it that a European-spec Legacy easily gets over 10 mpg over the USDM model? Is it because of the different emissions rules or do the European agencies have a different way of testing consumption?

It's strange because the engine specs match up to the 2005 USDM Legacy 2.5i. The only difference is that the fuel tank is about 3 gallons smaller.

In answer to my own question, turns out that an Imperial gallon is larger than a US gallon.

Imperial gallon = 4.546 liters

US gallon = 3.785 liters

Recalculating mileage accounts for most of the difference. Add in the lighter weight of the European model (about 2992 pounds vs. 3255 for the US model) would probably account for the rest. This would also mean, though, that the US model is slower to 60 than the European model.

Sorry about all that.

AK

I have the 2.5i ltd MT and there is noway it takes me 9 seconds to get to 60 mph. I agree it isn't fast like alot of other cars out there, but it goes pretty good and the handling is better than most cars in its class. I traded in an '02 Altima 2.5 SL which had 175 hp and I like this car waaaayyyyyyy better and so do my friends.

I have the 2.5i ltd MT and there is noway it takes me 9 seconds to get to 60 mph. I agree it isn't fast like alot of other cars out there, but it goes pretty good and the handling is better than most cars in its class. I traded in an '02 Altima 2.5 SL which had 175 hp and I like this car waaaayyyyyyy better and so do my friends.

That Altima 2.5SL is a porker...my friend has a 3.5SE, and it aint exactly blazing fast. It IS fast though. I woulda sprung for a 3.5SE if it weren't so big and so cheap looking on the interior...But I couldn't NOT buy another Subaru:) Our 2.5i's are not slow in my personal opinion. I believe that they are pretty good handling, so it would be nice to compare them to some faster cars in the twisties. (w/ better tires of course) once I get my power mods going, I'll be sure to report how "fast" my i gets...I'm gunning for 200 chp...I think that should be plenty for me...for now..

2.5i 165hp legacy beats (here in romania :p and europe for that matter) most of the cars. the bhp average is around 100 here so 165 is waaaay over that average. in the US the average bhp for cars is 170;) don't ask me how i know it i read it somewhere .

with my 1.6 impreza , on tight corners , i can outrun most of 2wd cars that have + 20, +30 bhp .:)

Archived