LegacyGT.com

Suggestions for Pre-Dyno tune

762x39

I'll be making a trip to Bren Tuning to have my 05 Outback XT 5EAT dialed in for Stage 2 in two weeks. Installed for the tune is: Grimmspeed TMIC, Grimmspeed UPpipe, Invidia catted Dp, and Hexmods ValveBody.

I had the timing belt and turbo (vf40 reman) replaced less than 6000 miles ago. Oil is healthy and is only 600 miles old. The trans has been drained and filled about 800 miles ago. The radiator fluid is new.

Does anyone have any preparation suggestions before I get my stage 2 tune?

Thanx

You can just connect the wastegate actuator directly to the compressor cover nipple and bypass the boost control system. That holds you at wastegate pressure, which will be around 8psi. That's enough of a gimp mode to get you to a tune safely.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 4 weeks later...

Can we elaborate on all methods to do a limp home safe mode?

I would have to drive several hundred miles. Before tuning and I would want the engine running well the entire way there which includes a couple weeks prior break in time.

I second the clean air filter. If CAI suggest clean and reoil then clean any oil resido from MAF a couple days later

Archived