LegacyGT.com

Small rust

Shogun506

Bought my LGT with some small rust spots. One is a tiny spot on the rear left fender above the wheel (the last picture). This doesn't seem to be too bad from the looks of it. The other is the rear right door which has a few more spots and might need a bit more of a repair. I think it was a door that was damaged and not repaired properly. I'm considering just finding a white legacy from a junkyard and replacing the door if it's too much to repair. I'd like to get an idea of what would be involved in properly repairing these spots so I know if I could do it myself before I take it to a body shop. Can they be sanded down and repainted or is it possible there could be some actual damage here? Also, from the looks of it if I leave these spots alone for now is there possibility of it spreading or should they be pretty safe?

P4250008.thumb.JPG.7c44bd24b8ff3dca5621d260ec6bbb95.JPG

P4250009.thumb.JPG.3b65553f44ffcf94c04fb955dc55bf9e.JPG

P4250010.thumb.JPG.62c327b8879d836d919c89b2b93aab64.JPG

P4250018.thumb.JPG.e4e1482c5fa78ae6ed6ddf9b823b054f.JPG

Rust will spread there's no chance it won't. Its hard to say what's involved exactly until you start to see how far the rust goes. If your just now seeing it come through the paint just imagine whats behind. I'd take it to a good body shop and let them give you a estimate and see if there's anything you can do to help lower the bill. Some times if you do some prep work they'll knock some money off so they don't have to do so much work. Some shops don't want you to touch the car at all.

Archived