LegacyGT.com

Dome Light Doesn't Come On When Opening Door

mmarton

Hi, Folks.

I was replacing an LED in my dome light (2005 Legacy Wagon) and when I closed it up and tested, it fried the light fixture.

So I did some searching and found a 2006 Outback dome light that fits perfectly. The only problem is the light will not turn on when I unlock or open the door. Any ideas? It works fine otherwise.

When you say it fried the fixture, do you mean it overheated/overcurrent and damaged the contact points? If it was on "door" when it did that, then you could have damaged the lead going to the body integrated unit since that's the one that controls the dome light when it's on the door setting. Maybe check the terminal at the BIU and see if it's damaged (or in the connector at the dome light)

If nothing else is messed up, then the BIU itself is probably ok, which is good.

It stands for "body integrated unit" Have you checked your fuses? Just yesterday I was trying to swap some bulbs and I ended up killing the power to the interior lights and my key fob was not working. So took me a while to figure out what fuse it was and got it working again.

• 5 months later...

Archived