LegacyGT.com

2005 Lgt Brakes!!!!

You've had both Leggies for less than a month?

Was this issue present when you first took delivery of the vehicles.

In many cases, this can be caused by surface-rust build-up on the rotors due to ambient humidity. This is normal, and you should "burn through" the buildup within your first few seconds of even light pressure on the pads.

If the problem happened after delivery or are not due to surface oxidation, you could have some pad residue/deposit on your rotors. Many on the Forums here, including Keefe, advocate taking your car up to speed and then trying to burn-off such deposits with fairly heavy braking.

Final possibility is warped rotors. There are more than a few members who have reported this problem on their new LGTs.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Yea, i am thinking that it is warped rotors.

I have had 2, the first was a 2.5i Limited...loved the limited package, but way to slow, took it to the dealer 5 days later, took it back like i was test driving it, called me 5 hours later with $70 less a month for the LGT and same amount of mileage.

But with the new release of the ecu reprogram for the stuttering, i mine as well have the brakes checked to.

thanks

If the problem happened after delivery or are not due to surface oxidation, you could have some pad residue/deposit on your rotors. Many on the Forums here, including Keefe, advocate taking your car up to speed and then trying to burn-off such deposits with fairly heavy braking.

This actually worked for me. I thought I was going to have to take the car in to have the rotors looked at but after a couple weeks of hard driving, it corrected itself. The problem has never been back, either. 11k miles and counting now :dm:

Should be covered under warranty -- Jblu24. Take the car in, make sure you test drive it with them, and 'reproduce' the error. At least they will have a log of it, and if they don't fix it, call Subaru Customer Service, and complain. It will get taken care of, sometimes, more persistence it better than none.

I had the same problem at 2000 miles (warped rotors), I just got it fixed yesterday. They resurfaced the brakes, which is covered under warranty. I talked to SOA and they said that, under warranty, they will first resurface the brakes twice and after that they will replace the rotors.

i notice the same problem with my 05 GTL..only has 500 miles on it, so i am hoping that it will go away...i also notice some steering wheel vibtration on the highway..is this normal??

I experienct the same thing, however it is minimal. When I mentioned it to my brother, he said he didn't notice it. Any fix for this?

could the fact the the car had been sitting on the lot for a year or so cause the rotors to be warped?? i dont know if i want to take it to the dealer yet being it only has 500 miles, BUT if the rotors are warped, i want it fixed before my Greddy EVO2 goes on;).

Maybe. I know my car was an early build and I just picked it up 3 weeks ago. I thought that might have something to do with it...

^+1

That long - it's more than likely just layers of surface oxidation on the rotors. I'd imagine that simply shuffling the cars around in the lot at very low speeds would not allow for sufficient clamping force and heat-time to truly burn off such deposits.

Try taking her out for a few hard braking runs. :) That should get all the rust off.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived