LegacyGT.com

Tein Street Basis Coilover Help

Big help if you can answer this question on the coilovers...I'm trying to figure out where the damn spacer thing goes. Does it go:

1. above the metal toothed mount cap thing and below the top hat?

2. not used at all?

3. above the top hat and below the nut?

4. I am way off. All 3 are wrong?

Also, is the metal toothed mount cap thing upside down?

Lastly, how the hell do you get the rear strut mount bolt off? It's on like a mofo. Help is appreciated. Car is sitting until I can answer these questions...pic of how it is now (#1 above).

DSC_0044.thumb.JPG.fe9df477760738294a026685396c7e94.JPG

Those are the only two pics i have for reference before installing them. You can see the spacer you're asking about

BTW I don't know how aggressive you're going but on my 19x9 +35 with 255/35 tires I have the rears at 7threads up and fronts I believe at 4. You'll need a pull upfront if going that low.

Now I'm on 245/40 and have the rears up to 12 and fronts 7 threads high. Hope that helps you

Not a problem...figured those #'s will help you before you install move them. Be easier to move when off the car then set the car down to let them settle for a bit. Maybe swing around the block a time or two then dial it in from there for your ride height preference

Holy hell...I did 8 threads up from the bottom on the fronts and my car is almost sitting on the tires. I have the same size tires...so weird.

Pic 2 is from an angle looking up into the wheel well.

DSC_0046.thumb.JPG.87460d04fa8c4a428299c887ae2a2fa2.JPG

DSC_0047.thumb.JPG.23fb9e63777b5a89c9b9bbec8f30d88a.JPG

Youre going to need a pull for sure up front. I have mine pulled about just over a 1/4 inch and then rolled on the inside.

Today I raised the front up and apparently I was wrong at remembering. It was sitting at 3threads and now I kicked it up to about 6. With two other people in the car the rears rub at 12 so I'll pop the tire back off and kick them up to 15 and then bump the fronts to 8.

Otherwise I'm going to add .5- 1° camber in the rear and maybe .5° upfront

What do you mean by a pull up front? Sorry, lost in terminology. I'm going to pop em back off, thread up another 1/2 inch or so and roll my fenders. So I'll be at 12 threads up from the bottom on the fronts. Rear will be around 18 threads up.

What do you mean by a pull up front? Sorry, lost in terminology. I'm going to pop em back off, thread up another 1/2 inch or so and roll my fenders. So I'll be at 12 threads up from the bottom on the fronts. Rear will be around 18 threads up.

Fender pull, for more clearance than a roll.

So I didn't do the rears yet...(couldn't get the bolt off the bottom on either side). Shop just quoted me $470 to put them in for me. Lol! Man, I am wondering if I'm missing something or these guys are on crack.

Light bulb just went off. Thanks man. Well I might leave that up to a pro to do. If I attempted it I'd be afraid it would look wavy.

So, $470 seem high on installing rear coilovers? Shop quoted me that. I was thinking just 3 top nuts off, one bolt on bottom, slide in and done?

That seems really high for something you could do yourself in not much more than an hour. As for the pulling, definitely a good idea to have someone that knows what they are doing tackle that project. I wouldn't attempt it myself.

For the rears I undid all the bolts on the LCA except for the one closest to the tire. With the help of a jack and drift, I was able to realign all the bolts when putting it back together

That's why I'm getting an estimate. I can't get the damn main bolt off the LCA that goes through the shock. Might just cut it off and replace.

That's is insanely high. One pointer for you is to drop the control arms to help slide it in. May have to disconnect the bottom of your endlinks too. Took me about 30mins or so to do it on a full car lift just so no weight was on the suspension at all.

Don't worry about messing with the control arms, you're going to need an alignment once finished either way.

Yeah, I thought so too. I used a breaker bar, nut breaker, PB spray, butane torch, then finally took a grinder to it after stripping it and gave up 1/2 way through the grind. I bought replacement bolts, and this evening I'm going to just cut it off with my

reciprocating saw.

Mind you I have no lift, so it was on stands. Had I a lift I could probably get to it at a better angle.

Archived