LegacyGT.com

Easy like sunday morning...

Morning guys! I have a bit of an issue here. Lately after driving the same speed in the same gear for a while, when i let off the car drops to a steady, but VERY low idle. When i go to take off, no hesitation at all. So i figured, no harm no fowl right?

Well last night on my after work beer run the same thing happened. Only this time, the battery light, oil light, brake light.... I soon realized it had died. When i came to a stop i started her back up again. Sounded like a damn lawn mower (i should really put an exhaust on my car...) i can only assume it was missing or just plain not firing on two cylinders. Shut it off, took the out, started her up, no problems after that. What the hell is going on guys?

It sounds like a vacuum leak when you relate it to constant rpms then let off throttle. Of course could be plugged up fuel injectors.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I have tried and tried to find vacuum leaks in my system and no such luck (using the carb cleaner method). So thats probably not it. The car is also pretty tough to get to start up first thing in the morning as i just foind out. Shes fighting me every inch on this... I think im gonna test my fuel pressure tomorrow because i have a relatively ghetto fuel system. Ill also run some 44k through it and see what happens.

crank sensor going bad?

Ugh i hope not. Is there a way to read the output from the sensor using live data on a scanner or something? Maybe my buddys shop would let me borrow their computer for a few minutes... Also as an update, i cleaned my throttle body. It was nasty but there was no change now that its spotless... I do get slightly better throttle response though.

my cars been doing this lately too, the first time it happened to me my head gasket blew. its happened again a few times after my new motor, but i also have the cel p0106 witch is some sort of vacuum/ pressure sensor problem. let me know how it goes!!

Could it have something to do with me putting OEM ngk coppers in it? I had the ngk iridiums before and they lasted quite a while. They even looked fine when i took them out just wanted to replace them with oem ones while i was in there doing valve cover gaskets.

Archived