LegacyGT.com

Made a Mistake... Need a Dual Mass Clutch Disk and Pressure Plate?

PineyLGT805

Im having trouble finding a clutch disk and pressure plate to go with my Dual Mass Flywheel...

I fudged up and went the ACT HDSS and LWFW... boy did i fail this forum. If only i had looked at the reviews on RSD, let alone went on this site, would I have known the stress and noise i was getting into.

That being said I am opting back for my amazing daily driver that i take on the occasional spirited drive. Yes i know the Dual Mass is a POS, but i will opt for stock specs, stock noise (meaning NO noise), and piece of mind, over AMAZING acceleration, but TERRIBLE gear chatter, stop and go RATTLES, and the car not knowing what to do with nearly half the mass off the crank.

With that rant done, anyone know where i can find a stock dual mass clutch disk and pressure plate?

PS: i plan on calling exedy tomorrow, but didn't know if you ya'll know anywhere else. Again, searching online i came up with a lot of ambiguity and was unsure if what i found would truly fit my car.

To bad you have a DMFW. We tell everyone to get a 06-2014 WRX SMFW. I bought my Spec 2+ and SMFW from "underdog" just PM him he can get you what you need.

So you can't return the DMFW ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

its my stock DMFW that has 60k and is in great shape....

The reason i want to stick with the DMFW is because i don't want any of the "box of rocks" grinding from gear chatter.

I have considered the WRX flywheel and stock exedy clutch but i don't want any sounds, noise, grinding, chatter (even though i know this is more a feel than a sound) that i get under deceleration with the LWFW. after reading up on the wrx flywheel, it seems people still get that transmission grinding noise under deceleration.

I just have a cat back exhaust and new intercooler, no tune, ap or intake. I want the stock feel without any extra noise

hope that makes sense

Archived