LegacyGT.com

Rim and tire set up for track days?

Hi all, I have read through so many different posts on here and on NASIOC site as well to try and figure out a good track setup! I have seen so many different suggestions and a lot are older posts so figured I would start a fresh one.

Right now I am fresh to getting on the track and getting into racing on courses and I have a few mods but looking to keep my LGT as my daily driver but do track events as well.

I have factory 17's as winter setup with blizzacks

My after winter setup is 18x7.5 motegi rims

I'm debating on going with 17x8.5 or 18x8 for track days? Any suggestions from track experience would be great and appreciated kindly!

And my current mods right now are

Cobb access port v3 (stage 2)

Spt intake

Invidia up and down pipes

Magnaflow catback

Gates timing and idler pulleys

Cobb crank pulley

Gates ac and alt belts

H&r lowering springs with koni sports struts

Stage 1 clutch

I think that's all I did so far, again thanks for any help and suggestions!

Stick with 17's, its cheaper to run track rubber at this size. Less weight to spin up as well. "18's for show, 17's for go" Definitely going to need to swap out track pads for your days as well and run a good brake fluid for racing applications.

Stick with 17's, its cheaper to run track rubber at this size. Less weight to spin up as well. "18's for show, 17's for go" Definitely going to need to swap out track pads for your days as well and run a good brake fluid for racing applications.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it!

Archived