LegacyGT.com

Washer motor?

I checked the washer motor fuse and it looks ok. But it died when all my other fuses went (caused by a boat trailer being chomped while in the water). Its the last one to be fixed.

Should I multi meter it, if so do I have to take things apart to get to it, it seems quite hard to get to.

Legacy 250t wagon 2.5

Both :-) Never knew it had a rear until I saw the 2 lines.

Ive changed the washer fuse, now I dont know if thats the fuse to the washer PUMP or the fuse just to the WIPERS, but wipers work but pump doesnt, front or back.

Im curious if there is another fuse just for the pump.

Damn hard place to get your hands in to disconnect the leds too, let alone trying to multimeter it.

Any advice appreciated guys. Im almost there fixing the damage my trailer caused to my electronics.

Switch the hose from rear wiper to front. Might have to route the line different. I use the rear wiper pump to spray the windshield. Rear wiper motor is siezed anyway....

I tested the motor by pulling the WS fluid reservoir and jumping from battery to the motor pins. Front pump went bad. Best way to fix get a junkyard res with pumps.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean jumping from battery to motor pins? You mean running some wires from the battery to the washer pump motors?

The things are damned hard to get to, do I need to pull the washer reservoiur out to get to them?

Shouldnt a resistance test read 0 Ohms?

No idea, zero ohms could mean the motor leads are fused and infinite continuity or that there isn't a complete circuit there for the meter isn't hitting a thing and the leads are burnt apart.

I pulled mine, had to pull it to do spark plugs one time because I didn't have the right wrench handy. Both bolts snapped off instantly once the connectors were off wrench with care...Not too hard to test when removed.

It ended up being the washer motor. Made the mistake of letting the mechanic sort it out as it had to go in for repairs to the hub, and got stung for the price of a new pump, ouch.

Just so I know, which pump goes where on the car, there is a white one (right side) and a green one (left side i think, could be other way around)?

Archived